Thread: 2015 Can this be the year of the Royal?

MLB ERA

Royals 2015 Can this be the year of the Royal?

Second fire sale is starting to produce starters. Still probably a year off if things fall right do you think this team could "compete" better than the previous few years. This time starting with an at least respectable Fan Interest (45) maybe start building up revenues so that I can actually afford top talent and not throttle the team would be a nice change.

Lineup: Station to station baseball is dead in KC. This lineup should be much faster and at least a bit of a threat to swipe some bases. Hopefully hit a few more home runs in the process. This lineup could drastically change if a few players on the farm picked up the pace and made me make some decisions.

1) SS Trevor Plouffe SH. .315, .345, .463 Free swinger, auditioning for another Contract extension. Very solid career hitter. I dont really have a prototypical Leadoff guy.
    2) DH Carroll "Carrot Top" Cooksey LH. Saw limited time last year in the majors. Finally decided to just throw him in there and deal with the consequences later.
    3) 3b Matt Moustakas LH. Evened out some in his talents vs LHP. Still by far my best hitter talent wise. Oh yeah, He won a gold glove last year.
    4) 1b Ryan Garko LH (vs RHP)/ Antonio Schibetta RH (Vs LHP). Schibetta provides the better source of power, but Garko might provide more contact.
    5) RF Chris Lubanksi LH. Came out House on fire after hitting the jackpot on development early. Being given a chance to repeat that.
    6) 2b Jeff Bianchi RH. Late Bloomer of the year award to Bianchi. Hit a respecable .273 for his first go around. Still some untapped potential, hoping that putting him here will help give him the situations to drive in some runs and drives the ball better.
    7) LF Travis Buck LH. Getting an opportunity to showcase himself for a future contract. I doubt if I am going to even bother asking what he wants to resign but someone might want him when he leaves.
    8) Ca James Skelton LH. Not going to do a lot of damage, but could be one of those guys that just extends innings and gets the lineup turned over faster.
    9) CF Dave Krynzel LH. Has some speed, needs to get on base better. Has the best range of anyone in CF (main reason he hasnt been cut yet).

Bench:
    First off the bench will probably always be Ivan DeJesus, if I get annoyed with anyone I could see him starting at 2b, ss, 3b, or anywhere in the OF. He's my typical good contact/above average eye guys that I give chances to.
    Backup Catcher: Jason Jaramillo Has slightly better d to offer than Marco Carpio who will be my 3rd catcher if injuries require.
    Pinch Runner: Chone Figgins The vet comes in be my 4th of and a pinch running candidate late in games. Can play about anywhere in a pinch.

Fresh off the farm: Former First round picks Mark Mack (by Atlanta) and Masajuurou Yoshiyuki along with Marcus Brisker are long shots at significant impact this season but all 3 are expected to be huge contributors shortly after that.

Rotation: An eye sore last year gets some fresh blood.
    1) Ryan O'Reily LH Acquired in Francisco Liriano deal gets a chance to pitch out of the same spot in the rotation. Was brought along slowly end of last year only pitching in 3 games sporting an era of 3.24 and was nearly unhittable (.72 WHIP).
    2)Wade Davis RH Didnt pitching incredibly badly after coming over for Josh Beckett. Just hope he can be an innings eater.
    3) Blake Johnson RH Gets an opportunity before being cast off to the scrap heap. Didnt pitch badly in rookie campaign. Questions on his stuff will be answered.
    4) Robbie Ross LH Last years 1st round pick gets eased into the rotation after first campaign.
    5) Dennis Schlosser RH Another Late bloomer. Wont walk many, can he get his defense to turn the ground balls into outs.

Bullpen: A bunch of failed starters getting a 2nd chance and Yhency Brazoban.

Fresh from the Farm:
    I know they dont exactly qualify as prospects now (both 26) but Danny Duffy and Juan Rideout will start at AAA and both should see significant innings (Duffy in the rotation and Rideout as Closer) in hopes that they can be the first ones off the farm up to the majors. Also Patrick Keenan was told to continue his work at AAA, he is expected to be a #2 or 3 for this team in the future but he still needs work especially vs LHB before he can stick in the majors in any form.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2015 Can this be the year of the Royal?

Here's to another year of picking in the top ten.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

To answer your question...

No

Signed

Detroit

Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Good luck with Wade Davis. After his end to the year, maybe he'll actually turn the page for you.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Good luck with Wade Davis. After his end to the year, maybe he'll actually turn the page for you.
    Thats about what Im hoping for from him. Something like a 4.2 ERA and like 220 IP in 30 some starts. BTW just use the lineup and rotation for above.

For the Pen:
    CL: Yhency Brazoban
    SU: Luke Hochevar
    Sam Runion
    MR: Luke Hochevar
    Gil Carrasco
    Mitch Hodge
    Deolis Guerra
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA

thirty homeruns by July...that kid..is..AMAZINGHAAAA