Thread: Operation TPSL Seattle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Need Operation TPSL Seattle

As you know right now the most unexplainable franchise in S3F sim history is the TPSL Seattle Mariners.

Major reason why is....

Twinsfan did nothing and has his team with more hope than this bunch. So i offer this sad, sick bunch of players to the rest of the league for a checkup.

What can this team do to at least get themselves to losing less than 100.

Nick, who can probably attest to this better than anyone else in this league, has saw me try everything with this roster.

Im sure someone will say nuke the team, but that would mean people would have to send offers other than KoZ and nick.

So basically with the roster I have now, what can i possibly do with this team to win 63 games.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Operation TPSL Seattle

In our trade discussions I suggested you start Aumonte in place of Weaver.... but in addition to that...

Don't start Balentein. If his eye or avoid k's was higher, I'd say continue the experiment, but the fact that they're both low means he's going to have a hell of a time getting on base when he's not hitting it out of the park and he doesn't seem to hit many HRs to begin with, so he must be a low 10-power guy (is 9 vs LHP too, for that matter)... atleast bench him vs LHP, where he's abysmal. Small sample size but his ratings are worse there, so it makes sense.

Replace Weaver with someone, probably Aumonte.

If you're out of the race come June, just wait until SEPT.... but otherwise call up Kyle Lobstein come June 1st. That's one year from the draft, and if he's developed, I think you're not risking much.

Try doing 5-man, most rested starter. Line-up the rotation with Aumont, Francis, Hill, Kiker, Bowden (in no order) and if you want to slide Lobstein just make room accordingly.

MAke sure you're playing guys at positions where they can fend for themselves. You have the most errors in the AL. That can't be good.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Also, this is only a theory, but with safeco's flyball tendencies, and ability to suck up triples and doubles, maybe try to aim for more of staff with groundball type pitchers to build around with a really good defense behind them?

Rich Hill did win a cy young at one point, what did his D look like that season? With a 39 GBP, I'd assume it must have been pretty good. Your defense is non-existent right now when guys like Viciedo & Cutler are starting.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who do i replace Balentien with has been my biggest issue. I know defensively its going to be BAD for a while. Its either all field or all offense players on this team. I mean Brent Johnson (R)/Denny Almonte (L) in CF would be a good option all around, after that its 1B Chris Davis and magically Triunfel are defenders that can hold there own.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Also, this is only a theory, but with safeco's flyball tendencies, and ability to suck up triples and doubles, maybe try to aim for more of staff with groundball type pitchers to build around with a really good defense behind them?

Rich Hill did win a cy young at one point, what did his D look like that season? With a 39 GBP, I'd assume it must have been pretty good. Your defense is non-existent right now when guys like Viciedo & Cutler are starting.
    Rich Hill had half of current roster, Clement/Johnson, Garrett Jones, Brendan Harris from what i can remember. Dion Morales is not much better defensively.

Trade for McCann just cause.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Depends on price he would help out at catcher.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Stop making players who aren't retiring or dying for people who are trades.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe if someone actually makes a trade where its not pennies on the dollar every ****ing time. I might just do that. But since thats when 99.9% of the trades out there. But considering he was on the market for about 2-3 seasons. And not one single taker (dont say he wasnt on the block because everyone on the ML roster was on the block at one point in time).

/frustration.