Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Predictions/Season Preview Post...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2015 Predictions/Season Preview Post...

Has Porter even seen Milwaukee or San Diego lately? You're going to be all alone this season.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I predict the Mets will be rebuilding at the trade deadline. My chance was the year before last and it didn't happen.

MLB ERA

I hope I don't suck this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I predict the Mets will be rebuilding at the trade deadline. My chance was the year before last and it didn't happen.
    I predict that you should consider dealing me Ollie Perez in that case
    Ted

MLB ERA

i'm guessing nick's picks fell into the neverending abyss
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i havent seen him on aim in a couple days, so hopefully nothing is seriously wrong and hes just ****ing 12 *****es at a time in a 3 day orgy.

or just went into weed coma. the latter seems more likely.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I predict that you should consider dealing me Ollie Perez in that case
    I predict that your specs will either be too much or too little for Perez... Mazzola Oil is something to think about... I gotta see how kind the OOTP gods are in the first half of the season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

AL
    EAST: (four teams could have .500 plus records and compete for playoffs)
    1. New York: Scary team added a scary pitcher in Santana. Also upgraded at 2B with Utley and surprisingly found time to get younger by getting a nifty CF prospect.
    2. Baltimore: They might be the only team besides either LA that can match NYY's top three starting pitchers. They just have frequent problems with the bullpen.
    3. Tampa Bay: Really, really good players throughout but constantly partial rebuilding puts into question whether they could truly contend with NYY.
    4. Toronto: Three great hitters, two solid hitters, two old pitchers, one rising ace, and a suspect pen. Not enough talent to go toe to toe, but could easily be 2nd or finish 4th with 80 plus wins.
    5. Boston: Still sits on Puravida's talent assembled, not going anywhere except a retirement home.

CENTRAL: (one team and one team only)
    1. Detroit: Not by default but consider their intense blend of speed and power, not to mention high gap hitters in a big park, makes them a force to recognized.
    2. Cleveland: Potential on offense but they need Zach Wheeler fast because the pitching leaves a lot to be desired.
    3. Chicago: Not a very appealing team and they'll walk way too many.
    4. Kansas City: In fact, the last 3 teams of this division are interchangable, KC does have most waiting in the wings to improve.
    5. Minnesota: They'll either be really bad or they'll surprise people. Still have a little talent, the new GM should be their biggest help.

WEST: (two teams will race for the playoffs, two teams will race for the worst record)
    1. LAA: Desalvo will be important now that Oakland will have a full year of Pujols. They can win this division easily if they figure out their pen, otherwise, Oakland will linger and can pass.
    2. Oakland: So far, their rotation has kept pace with LAA's. In a perfect world, that would not be the case. Oakland is also trying to stabilize their pen, perhaps whichever team does so first, wins.
    3. Texas: Silver lining for this bad team is watching Miguel Alvarez murder righties.
    4. Seattle: Lee Porter rejoins Lee Porter's team. Hilarity ensues.

Playoffs:
    NYY, Detroit, Los Angeles A, and Baltimore (who edges out Oakland and Tampa by 1-2 games tops).

LAA and NYY face off to make the series, with NYY winning on 3 Tabata grand slams. They end up facing..
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I predict that your specs will either be too much or too little for Perez... Mazzola Oil is something to think about... I gotta see how kind the OOTP gods are in the first half of the season.
    Someone I know that I take very seriously told me that you would seriously enjoy Perf Ed and Derrick Turnbow's kid, Ahmed too.
    Ted

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Someone I know that I take very seriously told me that you would seriously enjoy Perf Ed and Derrick Turnbow's kid, Ahmed too.
    I did see Derrick's son... He looks like a player of interest.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NL
    EAST: (deep division, a lot of talent, no Dam)
    1. Atlanta: Deep team, mostly young, and has Donald Crow and Rafael Rodriguez lingering. They'll also have Rich Harden for a full year.
    2. Florida: Pena and Stanton will join a vaunted power lineup that will allow them to compete with Atlanta, and maybe for a wild card spot.
    3. New York: They still have a solid team and good pitchers like Broxton, Hackler, and Walden, but not enough anymore to stay on top in this division.
    4. Washington: The x-factor of the NL, because they could finish near the bottom like usual, but with a GM paying attention, they could play with anyone and earn a playoff spot.
    5. Philadelphia: If he figures out a plan and sticks with it, this team will be better off. But right now, they're not going anywhere.

CENTRAL: (watch out for everyone else besides the cubs)
    1. Chicago: They have talent in their AAA that would start for damn near all of us. But do they have a true ace?
    2. Cincinnati: Talent is there, it's all over the place, but do they have a closer?
    3. Houston: Will still be solid, but they lost a lot of pitching including Oswalt, Santana, and Buerhle.
    4. Milwaukee: They don't yet have a strong pen, but they have a pretty damn wicked 1-3 in the rotation, plus two rising SPs. Good time to mention Hosmer is due to break out in a big way.
    5. St. Louis: They have a lot of stuff, a lot of overpaid stuff, but I'm not convinced it's all that good of stuff.
    6. Pittsburgh: Will they regret finally giving up O'Reily?

WEST:
    1. Los Angeles: They have themselves a closer in Cubillo, a nasty rotation lead by.. Leadbetter, and a deep lineup. They also have Russ Branyan
    2. Arizona: Rotation looks good, but they have no pen- fronted by Corpas who likely has as many blown saves in his career as saves. Upton does return, and looks still intact, which means they get a top 5 hitter back.
    3. San Diego: Revamped everything almost, but will need the young mainstays to finally pick up, including strikeout-God Michael Inoa.
    4. San Francisco: For whatever reason, continually fails to address ancient lineup and shitty pen, settling for everyone's leftover 35 year old. Still has a dangerous rotation, at least until they ask to be paid.
    5. Colorado: I'm not sold on them finishing last cause the main difference is Ramirez and he's not good enough to drastically make or break a team. I expect several of their prospect stars to be ready half way into the season.

Playoffs:
    Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Florida

Chicago defeats Atlanta to face the yankees.. and lose in 6.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I did see Derrick's son... He looks like a player of interest.
    I think we should talk later in the season.
    Ted

Rookie ERA

Whoever offers you the dumbest deal.
    Basically everyone else maintains the Cain deal wasn't dumb... I offered 24.5 per for 7.... its not like I didn't try to keep him.

I'm gonna try hard to keep Tanner too, but I'm not the Yankees... 20 million is about 20% of my payroll... not less than 10%...

You don't have to worry about the Yankees acquiring Tanner, because looking at their roster, they don't have anything that would get him.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

MLB ERA

5. Colorado: I'm not sold on them finishing last cause the main difference is Ramirez and he's not good enough to drastically make or break a team. I expect several of their prospect stars to be ready half way into the season.
    That's interesting. I don't think most of them will be ready for a long time. The only ones who are close to MLB ready are Herreros and Wood. And I'm not calling them up until they're almost totally filled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

which means they get a top 5 hitter back.

top 1 hitter, and i aint missing the playoffs with the best hitter in the league and the best pitcher in the league... along with cole and parker who are pretty damn solid too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast