Thread: 2015 Baltimore "B-more!" Orioles

Rookie ERA

Orioles 2015 Baltimore "B-more!" Orioles

"B-More, Baltimore." Slogan Campaign

Aspirations: I'm not blind. I know that the division is getting more and more competitive which makes it harder for me to stay in the race but it's one of those times where you go with what brought you to the dance and my partners are Markakis, Bedard and Sabathia. So let's shuffle

Demotions:
    DH Kieron Pope to AAA
    C Kojuro Shinkichi to AAA
    MR Pedro Peato to AAA
    MR Jim Johnson to AAA

*indicate promoted players*

Lineup vs RHP+DH, LHP+DH (For all DH lineups)
    1. CF Nick Markakis, 9-8-8-7-8, 3X AL All star.
    2. 2B Nick Noonan, 8-7-6-7-6, Time to shine.
    3. LF Nolan Reimold, 8-7-10-4-5, 114 rbi's last season.
    4. C Matt Wieters, 10-8-10-7-8, 30 hrs last season.
    5. 1B Joesph Mahoney, 9-6-9-5-6, .301 avg last season.
    6. 3B Billy Rowell, 8-8-10-6-5, Time to shine.
    7. DH Val Majewski, 8-7-7-6-7, Great leader.
    8. SS Brandon Snyder, 8-7-6-5-8, Great leader.
    9. RF Harlan Jones, 9-6-6-7-7, Time to shine.

Backups:
    C Jeff Fiorentino
    2B Freddy Sanchez*
    SS Eider Torres
    CF Dante Canabal
    RF Igor Sodovi

Starting Rotation:
    Eric Bedard, 10-8-9, 19W last season.
    CC Sabathia, 10-9-10, 20W last season.
    Jake Arrieta, 10-8-10, 18W last season.
    Brandon Erbe, 10-7-10, 238inn pitched.
    Mark Buehrle, 7-8-9, 16W last season.*

Mopup:
    Brian Matusz, 10-7-8

Middle Relievers:
    Chin-Hui Tsao, 7-8-7*
    Randor Bierd, 8-7-9
    Masahide Kobayashi, 10-7-7*

Setup:
    Jason Burch, 8-8-9

Closer:
    Ben Tootle, 10-7-7

Final notes...

Hitting:
    In such a packed FA class, you're probably wondering why I didn't sign any big hitters. There were two reasons. One, I personally don't feel hitting is our weakness. We hit a lot and Two, We didn't have enough money to compete with the other classes. Money is tight around here.

But we do have prospects, prospects who were ready last season but didn't get a chance cause there were no spots available but guess what? This season, the gates are open. Noonan, Rowell and Jones are all expected to start in their respective positions and if they're not upto the challenge, I have "The General" and Meija waiting in the wings. Our farm is deeper than most teams and what's better is they're all ready to play if need be.

Pitching:
    Brought in some experienced relievers, I picked up Tsao last minute because of his stats the previous season. Kobayashi will be an experiment, need him to perform even though it's his first season back. We're also taking a big chance on Tootle. No offense to Burch but we needed to go in a new direction in regards to closing games out. Tootle's young and there's tremendous upside to him. Burch could've held the spot but in the past two years, he was playing for the spot that was given to him, it was up to him to perform well enough to keep it and I've decided that for a closer to lose 18 games in two seasons just isn't good enough.

Conclusion - Wildcard is our focus. It would've been division if only them Yanks didn't sign Santana. Ohhhh... If I had the money Santana would be here along with Sabathia right now but can't do what you could've done. The Wildcard.

MLB ERA

Re: 2015 Baltimore "B-more!" Orioles

Hitting really shouldn't be your weak point by any means...

And your staff is still excellent. Sabathia is a top-3 pitcher in the AL (I think I'd only take Johan and Cain over him for a full year :X... but in a playoff game, I'd take Sabathia and Johan as my 1 and 2 if I could choose). Erbe is the best #3 starter. Arrieta or Erbe, whoever you decide to slot there, is probably the best 3rd starter in the league regardless.... and Buehrle was a nice low-key signing. If he can repeat his success from last year, he could give you the absolute best 5 in the league... bullpen is another story, as that'll bank a lot on how the two asians do.

Honestly, I think if your pen holds up.... I could see you winning the division. But the wildcard should be easily withiin reach, or atleast you should be in the race rather. I liked the acquisitions you made.

Gonna be a really good division.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat