Thread: Upset about the TPSL statistics? Whining about too many walks or not enough homeruns?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Upset about the TPSL statistics? Whining about too many walks or not enough homeruns?

Oh it happens, you just hate how the statistics of a sim league are playing out. Maybe there's validity to your complaint. Maybe you're just an ass and full of yourself, either way, we're going to find out right now, OH YES WE ARE.

A person might be too lazy to check up on things, delve into the free flowing OOTP statistical engine or what real life baseball generates. It's just a game, it's not real, but it can be close in the form of numbers. After talking to Nick about the league statistics (keep in mind, we're in September) as compared to actual statistics. Now, as a commissioner, you run into a lot of verbage that's irritating and you're constantly trying to please the entire league and FRANKLY, it's impossible. So I offer you this:

TPSL: 5 months into the season
    Reality: Completed 2008 season
    Other leagues: SBSL is only two months into its season, while S3SL just completed a full season.

Onto the stats.

Reality: league ERA of 4.32
    TPSL: ERA of 4.68
    SBSL: ERA of 4.82
    S3SL: ERA of 4.88
    Here's things that skew the sim league stats, for S3SL no team had an ERA under 3 (several real teams did). SBSL right now has 8 teams under a 4 ERA and 13 over a 5 ERA. TPSL has a few teams under a 4 ERA but has a team with with a 6 plus ERA (naturally, Porter's). As you can see, TPSL has an ERA most closest to reality. And it's down from last season, so while you may dislike the pitching statistics, we are on a positive trend. Have faith in Nick. (Keep in mind, this is nothing against either of the other two leagues, it's just to show where TPSL stands in terms of ERA. Each league has a different depth of talent and that's what makes each league speshul)

Reality: 32880 strikeouts and 16350 walks
    TPSL
    : With 5 months, 27078 strikeouts and 11345. At our current pace, there will not be much of a statistical difference that would matter.

Reality and TPSL: TPSL is .002 off in terms of league batting average. If TPSL AL was .002 lower, it would be dead even.

OBP is a pretty important stat, moreso to others. Respectively:
    TPSL- Off by .008 and .011 (AL, NL) as compared to reality. The NL OBP is .320, reality was .331. But something to consider, the NL ERA is also better than the AL in TPSL.

Doubles, Triples, and Homeruns

Reality: 886 triples
    TPSL: 788 in 5 months, which will put us over 900 in the end.

Reality: 9020 doubles
    TPSL: 8300 in 5 months. We will pass reality with around 1,000 doubles- about 80-100 more.

Reality: 4875 homeruns
    TPSL: 4791 homeruns, we're on pace for nearly 5700. Sounds steep but consider it's OOTP 6 and the game was created before the steroid witch hunts. 2008 was a drop off in total homeruns, so it's not actually that significant if you think about it.

I will add S3SL and SBSL when I gather that info, I only did ERA to see where TPSL stood- before I ended up looking at the other major statistical categories.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Upset about the TPSL statistics? Whining about too many walks or not enough homer

Thank you for posting this, Koz.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat