Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chn-phi (get ready for a laugher...)

MLB ERA

Trade chn-phi (get ready for a laugher...)

PHI sends:
    (SP) Richard Whittemore, 1.0 Prospect - MLC
    Player to Be Named Later 5.0 Prospect

Salary Subtotal: -

CHC sends:
    (CF) Carlos Beltran, 3.0 Overall - $3,000,000
    (SP) Swarling Jimenez, 5.0 Prospect - MLC
    (SP) Raul Pineda, 3.0 Prospect - MLC

Salary Subtotal: $3,000,000

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: chn-phi (get ready for a laugher...)

at first he pms me asking if you can trade ptbnl still.. which honestly no one has done, or has any reaosn to do unless they're trying to cheat the system and trade draft picks. nonetheless, we have allowed it in the past so i told him (him being dmb of course...) how it used to be done and that he could infact trade picks.

hes already trying to sell off beltran JUST so he can get a prospect from a draft, which i suspected was the whole purpose of trading a ptbnl.. a walk around for trading draft picks, which i really dont like.

I thought i had a rule on the board that you couldnt trade recently signed FAs, but its only FAs making 10 mil for the first year.... nonetheless, im automatically vetoing this without even thinking twice.

dmb ****ed up, he can live with it... not the first time he has in a sim league, wont be the last

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

oh, and if you want to get technical, 3mil over 5 years eclipses 10 mil anyway, so i have grounds to fail it there if he starts asking questions...

I dunno, am I in the wrong here? He JUST signed Beltran and it's so obvious this trade is a walk-around to get his draft pick back...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

auto fail, didnt you have rules in place that restricted you from trading multi year contracts before the deadline or something? in either case... he put his name on the contract, hes sticking with it for a while.

MLB ERA

yea i thought i did... but evidently, I took them out of that post they were in, or editted the rules. Now it's only no trading 10mil contracts within the first year of signing them. However, after this, maybe its noted that i'll need to re-add these rules.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

He's trying to plead his case via PM... I told him from the get go it would probably fail.. shit like this makes running a sim league seem more like a chore.

Ah ok, ya I'm not trying to hide what my intentions are. He's the one who wanted to do it. He said he needs Beltran to contend. I don't, and might leave him in AAA. I have more then enough money to handle his contract, so if it fails it fails.

Though if I can upgrade spec wise from Jimenez, then obviously that's what I want. Though do you think we'd have been better off waiting till he had made his pick so everyone involved could see exactly what was being given up?

So I told him:
    I'd just wait, I don't know. It would've helped the cause if he didn't go and trade a player 10 years younger and with better ratings than Beltran (Gary Richardson) for dirt, only to say he NEEDS Beltran to contend... and honestly, why throw Beltran 3mil/5 to let him rot in AAA? That kind of shit is why these trades are going to be vetoed... you shouldn't have even bidded on him really if you didn't need him. Lots of other teams were going after him too..

It's just not going to go over well...maybe try trading him Matsui, I don't know... but council isn't very open to deals like these. PTBNL trades generally haven't been used in ages, and aren't used unless people are trying to work around trading draft picks. We aren't the NBA though.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Oh and two questions. Beltran makes $3 mil per year, so he's not even close to the $10 mil per year. Which is what the rule says in the trade thread. Unless it's mislabeled and you meant $10 mil overall.

With compensation, why are there such rules? Anyone making over $10 mil a year probably was someone who you gave up compensation for.

... well ....... does this situation not answer the question he just asked? It's obviously in place so GMs don't go bid happy in FA, and then trade pieces. So teams can't stock up on players. And I'm pretty sure I did mean 10 mil overall, but maybe not. The rules sat there for a long time and hasn't needed to even be brought up until now...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kinda disliking the PTBNL part, but from a POV that the 5 star prospect could be really good...I doubt CJ gives up something ridiculous, but he's not the brightest of GMs. I don't mind it from the draft pick angle, the game allows the trading of picks so to me it's not a big deal but I don't run the league so it's Nick's call obviously on that- but again, I wouldn't fail it from that angle cause I've tried doing it before.

I'll pass it if they just agree on a player now for the trade and not someone to be named later.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

yeah, I will too actually. It just really annoys me that DMB thinks he's getting a draft pick for Beltran... **** that

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Well, Zito says he'll pass it if it's not a PTBNL, and a player you guys can agree on right now.

I'm sort of in the same theory. I would be willing to pass a re-worked deal. You can include Beltran too... but the PTBNL seems like, in this case, a workaround to get a draft pick. I understand he likes Beltran, but yeah....

If you guys want to do something like that... with a player being agreed to NOW, instead of later... or just wait until after the draft... you can feel free, and it will have my pass at the least.

I sent that to DMB.... it annoys me that he's trading Beltran, but theoretically, there is no rule and he is right, so I cannot fail based on that. After the trade, there will be a rule because I don't want people to try this again. No dealing players with 4-year contracts or more until the next offseason after their signing... same with players making 10 mil, that's 10 mil over one year. I can't say 10 mil total, cause too many make that much.

Also, DMB insists the trade is all cj's work, and cj NEEDS Beltran to contend.... which like I said-- I don't quite understand. He just traded a player superior in ratings and nearly half in age.... for nothing. Sure, he had less speed, but Beltran doesn't steal much anymore in this league anyway...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

hahahahahahah

This is great.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

i dont know what they thought.... we'd not notice the loophole they were trying to work there?

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

you allowed PTBNL deals? when?

really...why didn't CJ just bid on him? And why did DMB bid on him if he didn't want him? fail for me...something is fishy about this. a 3.0 star player and a 5.0 star spec for a future 5.0 star spec? Am I missing something?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah, there's no way in **** I'm passing this
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He wants some C or SP from the draft pool, the SP is about equal to Jiminez though, he said the ratings were 8-9-9. Maybe the pitcher has more development or whatever. The catcher is slightly worse than Tim Taylor on the phillies. He didn't give me names.
    That's the PBTNL. CJ would be like an NBA team, draft for DMB and complete the deal afterwards. But as Nick eloquently puts it, this isn't the NBA.

I trumped their other ideas, both were minor variations of this one and I told them it would just piss Nick off even more. The deals themselves aren't bad and frankly I'd pass them, we've passed A LOT WORSE, but they are violating rules.. or doing their damndest to get around them. Fail on principle.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast