Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Random Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Random Rumblings

Try promoting Robson.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2 wins that sim. Now only 2 back of #1.
    Ted

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Scott Olsen has a quite real possibility of ending up in both the top 10 for wins and losses in the NL. Currently he has 14 wins, one shy of the list for the top 10, and he leads the NL with 16 losses. He's only had seven games this season where he did not receive a game decision.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

The King of underachivement for my team, Grady Sizemore, is out for the year. Kinda fitting since this team shouldnt be under .500 right now.

Also I cant believe that 2 #5 starters for me went 1-8 with 9 ERAs. Atleast Laffey doesnt have enough time to match them.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA

Yeah Shadow, I found that hilariously unlucky... not often do you see two #5s, with decent ratings at that, go 1-9 in the same season...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's when you use a 4 man staff.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    That's when you use a 4 man staff.
    that's what I finally did as the biggest tease in TPSL, AKA Brandon McCarthy, has been terrible and Roe didn't do much better. I'm not expecting them to be aces, but you'd think 9,9,8 w/ 59 GBP and 8,9,8 w/ 67 GBP could at least have an ERA under 5. At least I know that if I ever tried to tank I could stick them in there and no one could say much due to their ratings lol.

I keep hoping they'll do better, but I'm kind of stuck with them since there isn't much of a trade market for career under-performers.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins stink again this season. Only bright spot is Mark Robinson. He is hitting .291 with 5 homer and 14 rbis in 22 games. Dykstra has been a disappointment this season another top rookie struggling to hit mlb pitching, in aaa he was crushing the ball.

Within a year or two the Twins should be a playoff team. I have a lot of top prospects that are near ready, once ready look out. Another early draft pick will equal another solid prospect for the future.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA

BAL: No choking this time.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    that's what I finally did as the biggest tease in TPSL, AKA Brandon McCarthy, has been terrible and Roe didn't do much better. I'm not expecting them to be aces, but you'd think 9,9,8 w/ 59 GBP and 8,9,8 w/ 67 GBP could at least have an ERA under 5. At least I know that if I ever tried to tank I could stick them in there and no one could say much due to their ratings lol.

I keep hoping they'll do better, but I'm kind of stuck with them since there isn't much of a trade market for career under-performers.
    Hell.. you'd think a 10-9-9 52%GB 93-96MPH would have an ERA under 4.70... not the case with me either.. especially with a career ERA under 4 & 3.37 last season
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

I didnt want to push my regular guys that hard, but I guess after the fall off from first to third since the break, I should of. Still Im in disbelief that happened regardless.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Hell.. you'd think a 10-9-9 52%GB 93-96MPH would have an ERA under 4.70... not the case with me either.. especially with a career ERA under 4 & 3.37 last season
    #36 Jered Weaver, Starting Pitcher, 31 yrs, Seattle Mariners - Out of the Park Baseball Report -- ERA at 4 and below last 3 seasons, then went 3-17.

#37 Jeff Francis, Starting Pitcher, 33 yrs, Seattle Mariners - Out of the Park Baseball Report -- Enough said on him.

#14 Carlos Triunfel, Shortstop, 24 yrs, Seattle Mariners - Out of the Park Baseball Report -- He had a decent year but his ratings would think he would be a little better than that.

The system in place is fair. So those thinking im going to ***** about that is mistaken. But to see other people complaining about their 10-9-9 pitchers with a 4.70 ERA right now, should direct their way to the M's and realize they could have worse.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Dave and Porter, all of those pitchers have had more than one solid season despite poor performances lately. McCarthy has had 1 season with an ERA under 5.09 in the league's history with those 9,9,8 / 10,10,8 ratings.

Miller has had many great seasons. I'd be happy if McCarthy was having the type of season Miller is in 2014. Weaver, while not as consistent or as good as Miller, still had 3 seasons in a row with an ERA of 4.38 or lower. Francis has only had 2 seasons with an ERA over 5 and he's been successful. I'd take that in a heartbeat. McCarthy's best season, and his only one, with an ERA under 5 was 2012 when he went 11 - 13 with an ERA of 3.89.

#8 Brandon McCarthy, Reliever, 31 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report

I'm not complaining, just trying to backup my statement that he's the biggest tease in TPSL as far as starting pitchers go. Thankfully, he's not dragging my team or my payroll down. He's only 31 so he'll continue to get a shot, but he's done for this season.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

This is a hitters league. I mean look at what the hitters are doing and then look at pitchers who normally have era's under lets say .4 and now there .5 and above. Maybe next season the Pitchers will own the hitters more? Look at the team era's and there are only two teams with a era under 4. Most teams are in the 4.5 to low 5 range. So that alone explains the high era's.

League as a whole has a 4.76 era. Hitters are hitting about 260. The hitting is not good but the era as a league is terrible. Any thoughts?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I am superstitous and don't want to jinx my likely "bridesmaid" Mets by talking about them...

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast