2 28.57%
  • Slow and Steady Development

3 42.86%
  • Mortgage the future for now

2 28.57%

Thread: KC Royal Sry messed up the Poll

MLB ERA

Royals KC Royal Sry messed up the Poll

Okay Im getting tired of being mediocre but the only ways around that is going back to the basement and trying to restock or empty the basement and try for a couple year window and then start completely over anyways feel free to vote and put opinions.

btw nick im/pm me if you know of anyone that would like to join if theyll be active.

This time ought to be public.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Re: KC Royal Sry messed up the Poll

o...k....

I give up, running this league takes effort on my part too. It's not my fault that your team doesn't win. And no, I don't know anyone who would be active if they took your team over. But if you want to quit, please let me know now, because I'm close to wanting to end this league anyway and it's at the point where no matter how hard I try no one seems to give a ****.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Did you expect to take Kansas City and start an empire?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Nick, I think most of us know how much effort it takes. I can't speak for others, but I mean, I wouldn't want you to end the league.

MLB ERA

I didn't mean to rant on you inparticular Slyder, as you've always been a good member to the league. But it's just hard. I feel like, no matter what I do, I can't win sometimes.

I try to be as nice as possible to EVERYONE... if someone makes a mistake in their lineups, I PM them and double check it. If someone has to send double PMs, I'm completely cool about it. I'm down to earth with all of the GMs, I don't cheat, and I give everyone a fair opportunity to win I feel like with the way the league is setup. As is, I already have to replace Twinsfan, because he doesn't do anything or keep in contact. In addition to that, there are constant slow times so I never know when someone is actually inactive or if it's just a bad time of month/year/whatever. Point being... it's a lot harder than it is to run a league. I didn't mean to be a prick in my above post, as I can understand a GMs frusteration, but at the same time, we're all on the same playing field. That's one thing I've really tried to work on this offseason is making sure everything is completely fair...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    o...k....

I give up, running this league takes effort on my part too. It's not my fault that your team doesn't win. And no, I don't know anyone who would be active if they took your team over. But if you want to quit, please let me know now, because I'm close to wanting to end this league anyway and it's at the point where no matter how hard I try no one seems to give a ****.
    Im just frustrated with this team as it is right now. The pieces should be there for at least a competant team and if thered been anyone that would be active with new ideas that maybe I am not seeing it might help the league and team.

Im not going to just up and quit and leave you hanging like that Nick. I'm just very frustrated with my team and some players *cough* Bannister *cough* that no matter whereever I put them they still suck but have the talent they should at least be good. Maybe another fire sale that borders on the one I had in S3SL is in order and see if I cant piece this team together better the 2nd time around.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Slyder, I understand your frusterations. Believe me, I understand everyone's at times. Everyone has let me know at one point or another when their team hasn't performed to their expectations, even if it's not realistic expectations. Everyone wants to win, that's natural.

What I don't understand is how people seem to think it's something I control. It's not. Yes, I'm sure the sliders played (and maybe play) a small part in it, but at the same time, I've worked my butt off trying to get something people will like. And it's really out of my control. If pitching is too good, people say that offense isn't good enough. If hitting is too good, people will say that there's no pitching. Honestly, I've seen it all and I really do feel like people think I can control how their teams perform or I'm holding their teams back or something.

Just look at my Dodgers right now...

Batting AVG: .253 (26th)
    Homeruns: 26 (13th)
    Walks: 77 (12th)
    Stolen Bases: 10 (T-24th)
    Runs Scored: 132 (9th)

Pitching ERA: 5.25 (21st)
    Opponents AVG: .271 (17th)
    HRs Allowed: 30 (T-20th)
    Walks Allowed: 63 (5th)
    Runs Allowed: 129 (17th)

World Series champions, 1st in almost every pitching category last year... and atop the league in runs as well. 2 sims in and we look god awful. I'm not talking about quitting (not that I could), tanking, or selling off my entire team. Why? Because it's a small sample size for one, and two, I know if I wanted to, with ALL of the people who have trade blocks out there, I could improve my team tenfold if I really wanted/needed to put that much effort into it.

And from the looks of it from your situation, Slyder, you're only 5.0 games back.

My suggestions to you?

Don't blow up that team. Beckett is just off a Cy Young season a year or two ago, and is generally a slow starter in this league. If you recall, he started slow last year as well. Hochevar is a budding young pitcher, although he might be fit best for the CL role-- who knows? Try him in the rotation for now, but if he falters go right back to CL... atleast you know he was awesome there. Obviously, Liriano is a Cy Young contender by the year. On top of that, Schlosser us finally developed somewhat, and if you're uncertain about contending, now's a better time than ever to actually use some of your pieces for the future and access them and figure out who to keep and who to trade

a potential 1-5 of Liriano, Beckett, Hochevar, Schlosser, and then Buckner/Gray/Bannister/Russell is pretty damn solid any way you cut it. Add someone in FA to the mix maybe, or a beastly closer and your pitching would be set for a good long while, and you won't have to worry about rebuilding that part of your team.

Your hitting is pretty weak (not much power)... but you have enough nice prospects to potentially make a move or two to fill some holes. Honestly, I'd try to acquire one, maybe two big bats... and a closer if I was in your shoes. The only position player on your squad I'd make untouchable is Trevor Plouffe, and even then... Moustakas too probably.

These are just my suggestions. No need to go with them, or anything.... but I felt the need to do more than just yell. lol

And for the record, I would always rather have a GM like you in my league than a random person even if that person could run the team better and be more active. I like having a community feeling in our league, and you add to that community. I'd hope you choose to stay for the long haul, but like I said, if you do choose to step down for whatever reason I'd appreciate any notice in advance.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

why can't everyone be 162 - 0...or 0 - 162? everyone's a winner or everyone's a loser that way no feelings are hurt.

Nick, I have no doubt that you have control because Seattle is winning right now and I'm sure that has something to do with Porter complaining season after season that his team sucks...so yea, you're making him win so you don't have to hear his BS now

MLB ERA

It's because you're in my division, slyder old buddy
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Yeah I dont mind either if you stay at the bottom for a while, I'd like another shot at the WS
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    why can't everyone be 162 - 0...or 0 - 162? everyone's a winner or everyone's a loser that way no feelings are hurt.

Nick, I have no doubt that you have control because Seattle is winning right now and I'm sure that has something to do with Porter complaining season after season that his team sucks...so yea, you're making him win so you don't have to hear his BS now
    Yeah because watching that team play like real life Cleveland Indians every season can be frustrating.

Edit: No Nick didn't have any control on how that team lost, or had a 9.5 game lead and blew it masterfully in 2011. I never did blame him once for its team's underachieving and took his advice and fixed the bullpen. He kept me from blowing up the team lol.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

...don't blow this out of proportion guys.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Joe Blow for trade.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.