Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question regarding FA Compensation. Please R+R.. your opinions are needed!

MLB ERA

Re: Question regarding FA Compensation. Please R+R.. your opinions are needed!

Removing Protected Picks doesn't give a team in the Top 15 (like me) and incentive to take a run at when the young guys are ready.

Signing FA's would still be risky if you lose your draft pick but I feel for MIN who for his class A FA is going to get a pick between rounds 3 and 4 and a 4th round draft pick... thats going to do nothing for his farm, if he got those picks and an automatically generated good spec, than he will get something for his loss in the future
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Make a run? I have an awful team and I have no problem removing protected picks. Sign the guys later in FA, or build your own damn team as opposed to tanking to build up everyone in AAA, then trying to sign everyone at once.

Like half of you do.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Thanks Crazy! This is good to hear

Really, I'm just trying to get a general consensus. I generally feel the same way as you. I really do want to know everyone's opinions. Sometimes I do not know how people feel about these things..... I really want to hear how you guys feel. I'm just trying to improve the league in anyway possible, hence exporting once I can finally work it out.

Also... another idea I thought of but never mentioned... how would you guys feel about an open-board trade council with a few core and a few rotating members every, i dunno, 2-3 sims? I thought this might eliminate some of the feeling that there are biased feelings amongst the league when it comes to the trade & voting process... if everyone has a chance to be on council, or those who would like to, atleast.

Really stupid or decent? Just throwing it out there. Dunno.
    I like Crazy's idea, take the draft pick away from the signing team, give the previous team a prospect at the position of their choice.

As for the rotating TC, that's fine with me, I'd be up for it. Just as a precaution, though, I may not vote much if my idea of value greatly clashes with the rest of the TC's idea of value. That's what got me kicked off another TC.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Only active GMs opinions count.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Only active GMs opinions count.
    Is your goal in life to be annoying?
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm glad that the Type A compensation deadline has been extended to 20 days. It didn't make any sense for a team to lose a Type A worthy free agent and not receive any compensation just because the player took his time to sign a deal with another team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12