Thread: Upload problems

MLB ERA

Upload problems

I'm still trying to get the site uploaded. I gave up lastnight because I generally have a theory that if I browse anything that takes awhile to load, it causes it to slow down or **** up on the upload. So eventually, I didn't want to sit and not use the internet, and gave up.

I'm attempting the upload again right now. All is good until about the half way part, when it just randomly stops and acts as if the upload is complete. But it's only half done at that point...

If it completes (which may or may not happen anytime soon, I'm trying only for the first time since around 1 am lastnight) I will post back and let you guys know.

I apologize for all of this, and if I'm not very active until I sort it out. This shit just takes the fun out of it. I don't even feel like scheduling sims when the site is impossible to upload and it's more of a hassle to get everything working than it is not.

I might try to use a program other than the OOTP upload feature (I've always uploaded from within the OOTP game, due to not getting other programs to even upgrade because I was either too dumb at the time or too impatient) to upload it from here on out. I remember mission showed me smartFTP but I couldn't get it to work. I might give it another try, and maybe that will solve some problems.

Thanks guys.

-Nick

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Upload problems

Ya might search the OOTP boards... I seem to think I might have seen something similar to this, but can't remember.

MLB ERA

I just deleted everything off the site, and now I'm going to try to re-up from scratch... the TPSL site is absolutely blank right now, and will just show the directories at the moment. I'm hoping it'll let me upload now... but I'm not holding my breath. It didn't work lastnight either, for the record.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

It looks like it's going to upload (knock on wood)... it's past the point it usually gets to before it freezes, and it's still uploading. Once I'm positive it's going to upload, I'll schedule the final 2 sims of the year.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Well, the second I posted that, the upload stalled out and ended. I don't know what to say.... something is screwed up here unfortunately, and now the site is half-uploaded and not even colored.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

best of luck with the future efforts on it... you find anyone on the OOTP message boards with similar issues?
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

I fixied it!

New site address, but I figured out how to upload it all in an easier... scratch that, MUCH easier way than I had been doing before.

It took me literally 10 minutes to do the entire upload, once I figured it all out, and had it all up on the site.

There will be a new site link... but I am going to post that on the main boards.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

you the MAN... buddy
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.