Thread: Proposition, need to hear the opinions of the majors who vote in here

MLB ERA

Proposition, need to hear the opinions of the majors who vote in here

A proposition here:

This would be kept only within trade council. The league would obviously think a council is still in place.

Trades sent to me I determine, and post in council only if I feel it needs to be voted on.

In other words, all of the Slyder 1.0 star for 3.0 MR spect trades with guys like Porter I wouldn't even bother the council with. However, the trades that seriously did need to be voted on, or if there's a trade I second guessed myself on one bit, I would post in here in a second and we would vote as usual.

I am just trying to think of something that would save council work from voting on useless deals, and as a result, them sitting because we don't vote on time. I'm guilty of not voting all the time, as are a lot of us. We all are on councils on this site, and it's hard to keep up in all of them. I am also more and more over time leaning towards the motto that we shouldn't dictate what people trade, unless it's a GM like mntwinsfan and he's getting completely jipped and it's obvious.

In a way, if we implimented this rule, we could have a reason to always post trades with new GMs to be voted on, to make sure they aren't being screwed over. It could almost be a unwritten rule that trades with newer GMs are posted no matter what.

Obviously, it comes down to whether or not you guys can trust me to evaluate trades within the league. I won't be offended if someone says they don't, this is just an idea so things run more effecient. But I don't want the rest of the league to know it's ran like this, if we do wind up doing something like this. Because, like all leagues, the members would ***** over it for some reason.

Just an idea on paper... could work out kinks, and come up with something a little more straight-forward if people like this.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Proposition, need to hear the opinions of the majors who vote in here

I don't. Your opinion is swamp ass!
    No, no. Just kidding. Go with. I don't care one way or the other. I'm just curious why our council just disappeared recently? I thought we had a pretty good system going and suddenly we're taking days to pass deals.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I think we should just let the Slyder type deals pass, but if there are a few good/big name players involved then we shouldn't straight up pass them without a vote...so basically, I would keep everything in here except the REALLY obvious ones
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

it's your league bro...run it how you want.

MLB ERA

Dig that browntown, and I know what you mean Zito, but people get busy and I understand that, and on top of that, the 4 main council voters (Hammer, myself, Brownie, and Prov) outside of yourself are all on prov's council as well, and Hammer is also on mission's council.

I don't want to bring in "new blood" as the league ever so elequently will put it, so that's not really an option.

And while it is my league prov, I really do like to know I have the council's backup on stuff like this. I don't wanna do something if you guys don't really like the idea, because I like to think you guys help run it to an extent. Or atleast you all have helped a lot in more ways than one.

I think I'm going to just start posting the bullshit slyder deals as straight-up passes... and anything that looks the slightest bit questionable, I'll post in here. Essentially what browntown says. Even a little bit less work might be enough to let the council function a little more effectively.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I just meant it's your league, run it how you want...that's fine by me. I think we'd all back you up on how you want to run it from that aspect.