Thread: TPSL Free Agency Info (ROUND 1 BEGINS 12/14 10:00 PM EST, ENDS 12/16 10:00 PM EST.)

MLB ERA

TPSL Free Agency Info (ROUND 1 BEGINS 12/14 10:00 PM EST, ENDS 12/16 10:00 PM EST.)

Alright, free agency kicks off tonight.

Some layout rules and explanation for this year's period, since there really aren't any complete written rules set in stone for every year because I change it up based on the class and everything else. The only thing that really stays the same is compensation.

1. Offer layout

Please make offers in the layout like so:

Los Angeles Dodgers offers:
    SP Mark Redman - 3 years, 6 mil per

If the player does not like your organazation and as a result will not negotiate or listen to your offers, I will PM you back and let you know. You may then make new offers to other players. Feel free to do this as long as players aren't liking your organazations, but be reasonable, as in... don't send me like 4-5 PMs in one sitting without even hearing back from me right away.

2. Spending maximum (or lack there of)

Years in the past it's been $45mil, and one $14mil+ contract only. But since this is a rather beefy FA period, in my eyes atleast, I'm not going to put a maximum on spending. You guys know how to manage your team, and I feel the league is pretty fair in most ways.

3. Sim periods

There will be 5 different sim periods (6 if you count the scrap period) broken down into days in the game like this:
    5 (compensation), 5 (compensation), 10, 5, 5.
    Which means for every period, I will be simming that many in-game days. Free agency as a whole should take us about a week, tops, I'm thinking. Then, after free agency is over, there will either be a 6th unofficial round which will either be first come first serve, or blind bidding. It depends on what's left of the FA class. If it has some decent hitters, I'll do blind bidding. If it sucks, first come first serve.

4. Free agency compensation

This is still the same, and the first two rounds as shown above are the rounds in which is is active, which is and was always the rule. These are the FA compensation rules, and about the only other thing you need know:

FREE AGENCY COMPENSATION RULES

1. free agency will now be six 5-10 day rounds. the first 2 rounds will be 5-day compensatory rounds, the final 4 will not. compensation is decided by the signings of class a and class b free agents.

2. class a free agents will net compensation in the form of a pick from #16 overall to #45 overall, depending on the signing team

3. class b free agents will net compensation in the form of a pick from #46 overall to #75 overall, depending on the signing team

Here are the compensatable free agents this year:

class a:
    bobby abreu, rf -- yankees
    shawn green, dh -- tampa bay
    adam dunn, 1b -- cincinnati

class b:
    kevin millar, 1b -- baltimore
    jorge posada, c -- yankees
    preston wilson, lf -- texas
    chipper jones, 3b -- atlanta
    milton bradley, lf -- atlanta
    pat burrell, lf -- philadelphia
    shannon stewart, lf -- cincinnati
    shea hillenbrand, 3b -- houston
    kevin mench, rf -- milwaukee
    xavier nady, rf -- pittsburgh
    orlando hudson, 2b -- st louis
    eric byrnes, rf -- st louis
    nomar garciaparra, 1b -- dodgers
    brad penny, sp -- dodgers

That's everything. I know a lot of this is excessive, but it'll come in handy for the future if I need to re-post it, and for those who are new to the league, it will also help them.

Thanks! And please remember, OFFERS GO TO ME!

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: TPSL Free Agency Info (ROUND 1 BEGINS 12/14 10:00 PM EST, ENDS 12/16 10:00 AM EST

offers in
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: TPSL Free Agency Info (ROUND 1 BEGINS 12/14 10:00 PM EST, ENDS 12/16 10:00 AM EST

I hope St. Nick brings me some FA signings today...

MLB ERA

I totally didn't realize I made this for 10:00 AM... I'm bumping this to 10:00 PM tonight. My bad guys, I meant for this to be PM, hence why some of you didn't even get my PM in return until this afternoon.

Apologies... feel free to counter.

Everything is going to be uploaded, free agent signings posted, etc... at 10:00 estern time tonight.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat