Thread: TPSL Free Agency Round 1: STARTS 10/2 at 12:00 PM EST/Ends 10/4 12:00 PM EST. READ!!

MLB ERA

TPSL Free Agency Round 1: STARTS 10/2 at 12:00 PM EST/Ends 10/4 12:00 PM EST. READ!!

First and foremost, ALL OFFERS GO TO ME!

I will be handling free agency this year. I am also going to send my offers to Providence. I need to talk to him about it to see how you go about doing it, since I've never handled free agency, but he's going to make sure I don't cheat... or something.

I have sent out a mass PM regarding FA, and given 3 days notice. I want to make sure people are able to be a part of this. Note that after this first round, and the little grace period that I'm giving people to get on the ball, I will try to get everything moving very fast. Also, everyone who sent me trades, I am just now posting them in council today. Trading is opened for the record... it wasn't before, but that's alright.

As for the FA class... since it was a little weaker than I had hoped...

The Japanese players you see (Fukudome, Kawakami, Uehara, Iwase, and Kobayashi) are real overseas players who are probably going to be posted or are free agents this offseason, and will be among the real life FA class. The only one who is kind of iffy to make the jump to the states is Kobayashi (who has stated he isn't very fond of america, and would only play in the certain situation)... but seeing as how the FA class is kind of weak, I put him in it anyway, and adjusted his intangibles to fit his personality (needs a winner, minimal loyalty, etc..)

Also, since this is the first FA of the league (technically...), I'm going to put everything you'll need to know in this post. For future free agency periods, I will just tell everyone to refer to the FAQs or this post.
    =============================================

Here are the main free agency rules that you will want to follow when sending in offers. These rules may change depending on the year, class of free agents, and base amount of money most teams have throughout the league, but I feel this is good for now. Thanks to TSSL and S3SL because I'm sure I'm lifting a rule or two from one of the two leagues, if not both (I took the explanations of them from the TSSL FAQ and TPSL FAQ, but I'm not sure where it all came from when you boil it all down).

Free Agency Rules

These rules are only in place to keep things moving and to avoid too many expensive contracts. We often complain about the real-life deals GMs make, so this shouldn't be a problem. Complaining will be ignored.

1. Each team can spend up to a max of 45 million dollars in one setting. Pretty much, if you offer 45 million in contracts during the first round and either everyone rejects your deals, or you sign some and lose some, you may once again spend up to your limit in the following round. Length of contract does not matter.

Example:
    Oakland offers 45 million to a group of players in round one.
    20 of that remains on the table, Oakland can spend up to 25 million in round 2.

For example they offer:

Eric Chavez 9 million
    Huston Street 9 million
    Tim Wakefield 2 million
    Todd Helton 25 million

Let's say Chavez, Street, and Wakefield like their offers and will consider them, but they don't sign right away. Helton flat out rejects Oakland. Oakland would be able to offer up to 25 million on other free agents in the next round. He will be able to offer more when the other three players either sign elsewhere or sign with Oakland.

2. Each team is limited to only one 14+ million dollar per year offer throughout the entire free agent period. If that player signs elsewhere, you may again offer a 14+ million deal. Length of contract does not matter.

Example:
    Texas offers Roy Oswalt 15.9 million per. Oswalt signs. Texas may not offer 14+ million to another player.

3. You may offer as many MLC as you want. It is a weak class, and we'd rather see teams sign some of these players that would otherwise go unsigned than see them toil in free agency. However, if you only intend on signing 4 SPs to sit them in AAA, please do not bother.

4. No contracts signed over the free agency period that are 2 years or longer can be traded before June 1st of the regular season (following the free agency period over the winter), and no contracts signed over the free agency period of players making over 10 million can be traded until the following offseason.

Compensation is a key component of free agency in our league. Here are the rules, for those who don't understand it or are new to the league.

Free Agent Compensation Rules:

1. free agency will now be six 5-day rounds. the first 2 rounds will be compensatory rounds, the final 4 will not. compensation is decided by the signings of class a and class b free agents.

2. class a free agents will net compensation in the form of a pick from #16 overall to #45 overall, depending on the signing team

3. class b free agents will net compensation in the form of a pick from #46 overall to #75 overall, depending on the signing team

4. the class of the free agent will NOT be decided by ratings. keep your eyes on ratings, because some guys may not be rated in comparison to their class (meaning, if a 1 star player meets the qualifications to be a class a free agent, he will indeed be a class a free agent... and thusly, keep that in mind before you offer to him).

5. instead, their class will be decided by statistics...

a. class a hitters compensation will be decided by...
    1. a minimum of 500 PLATE APPEARANCES
    2. an ops of .835 or higher

b. class b hitters compensation will be decided by...
    1. a minimum of 400 PLATE APPEARANCES
    2. an ops of .750 or higher

c. class a starters compensation will be decided by...
    1. a minimum of 200 innings pitched
    2. 25 starts
    3. an earned run average of 3.60 or lower

d. class b starters compensation will be decided by...
    1. a minimum of 150 innings pitched
    2. 18 starts
    3. an earned run average of 4.25 or lower

e. class a relievers compensation will be decided by...
    1. either 75 appearances or 75 innings pitched
    2. an era under 2.50

f. class b relievers compensation will be decided by...
    1. either 50 appearances or 50 innings pitched
    2. an era under 3.25

g. ratings will come into play in one situation and one situation ONLY... injuries. their statistics and, more importantly, i will be the determining factor in that case.

h. if you sign 2 players of the same class... the team whos player you signed officially FIRST, will be given the correct compensation. the team whos player you signed SECOND, will be given your NEXT ROUND pick, as well as a sandwich pick in between rounds.

this is known as the dave rule, since diamond dave initially asked the question which prompted this rule. to translate it and make it more understandable... and ill use dave as the example. dave signed michael young, a class b free agent this season. thus, the yankees will be getting a 2nd round pick from detroit. now, let us assume dave signs another class b free agent... he would send his 3rd round pick to that team, and that team would also get a sandwich pick in between rounds 2 and 3.

And here is the list of players who qualify as compensatable free agents this offseason:

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...on-2008-a.html

That is everything. Please, at the least, read through the main free agency rules, since I slightly modified them for this league. Big thanks from TSSL and S3SL, since I borrowed the post that has been borrowed back and forth probably.

I know it's long, but you'll only need to read it once. If you get the general idea of compensation, then skip that, and just read through the free agency rules that are listed at the top.

Thanks!

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: TPSL Free Agency Round 1: STARTS 10/2 at 12:00 PM EST/Ends 10/4 12:00 PM EST. REA

Since I am going to be doing some travel during the posted FA time... I am going to send you my small list now, so I do not miss the FA bonanza.

DD
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Nationals Re: TPSL Free Agency Round 1: STARTS 10/2 at 12:00 PM EST/Ends 10/4 12:00 PM EST. REA

You must all must sign Dmitri Young must!
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Re: TPSL Free Agency Round 1: STARTS 10/2 at 12:00 PM EST/Ends 10/4 12:00 PM EST. REA

Sorry man, I'm here.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

lol General, I sent the PM to everyone. If you got the PM, it wasn't because you're inactive or something... the only two people who have been inactive have been Draven X and CrimsonTribe, and I think Crimson has been on vacation or something... I'm going to talk to Draven X if he has a moment.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Marco...
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

yeah
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

Los Angelos Dodgers GM
    Rookie ERA

Baltimore is asking for donations so that it can sign Fukudome.

Rookie ERA

If I land most of my targets, I like my chances... I feel I undershot Fukodome though...
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

NYM would just like someone to take Delgado...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I nailed all of my targets...all the ones I bid on...all zero of them...yup

and no, I don't want Felipe Lopez or Carlos Delgado...

MLB ERA

you want Frank Thomas, yes you do.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

I'm hoping people like SD...

MLB ERA