Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting List (reply to get on it)

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Waiting List (reply to get on it)

I used to be in OOTP sims back in the day. I would love to get back into the swing of it and be really active. The only problem is I don't have the game. Please email me at washingtonwiz@yahoo.com or get at me on AIM Sabrespg20, and let me know if there are any openings. Thanks!

MLB ERA

Re: Do you have any openings?

I believe it is full again right now. Possible changes are around the corner for the league.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

I have no idea if it's full right now or what. But we're in the process of starting fresh. So if you're interested in joining up, sign that post... and we'll add you to the list.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Sign me up when there's an opening.

MLB ERA

Scarfire, if you're there, there's an opening... you'd be taking on the Pirates, but you need Private Messaging to be turned on/allowed to be in this league.

Are you familiar with how OOTP leagues work and whatnot?

Nonetheless, we need one person to take over the pirates.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

I've had played OOTP before, so I am familiar with it. I last did it, it was more than a year ago, I think.

So whatever team is fine with me. Is my PM turned off or what?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by scarfire View Post
    I've had played OOTP before, so I am familiar with it. I last did it, it was more than a year ago, I think.

So whatever team is fine with me. Is my PM turned off or what?

Apparently it is, but I think it's just because of the site qualifications or something. If you recently signed up here, that may be the case. But I'll slot you in for Pittsburgh... check out their team here:

Pittsburgh Pirates Clubhouse - Out of the Park Baseball Report

Glad you joined the league. Read over the FAQ when you get a chance, mainly the 3rd post which concerns free agency draft compensation which is a feature our league has that some others may not. We have a few different rules too, that aren't in some other leagues... but most of it is pretty standard.

Now that we have 30 GMs, I'll make a post concerning spring training.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Your PM abilities should be good to go, welcome to the league scarfire.

AAA ERA

If you have an opening, and will sim regularly, I will take a post. I just lose interest with big gaps between sims.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I have an opening in tssl and have been simming regularly since I took over.

MLB ERA

Honestly, that's kind of random, because, for the most part besides the period of time where TPSL went on hiatus when hammer was taking over and I was getting the file over to him during a period of time when my mother was hospitalized for health-issues, our league usually simmed twice a week or more. And when we were active as can be, both when Hammer ran it and I ran it, I didn't get many changes from you... and even when I did get changes, I remember being as accomodating as can be, even making a special update of the site when you joined for the 2nd time so it would be easier for you to do changes. So I don't think we didn't put enough time in...

I know hammer (when he ran it, which you were in the league at the time) was simming 2-3 times a week at one point... which is a damn lot.

And Providence has always simmed regularly, probably more consistently than any of the 3 leagues. TSSL is always consistent, prov does a great job.

I'm not taking away from S3SL in this comment, because mission has ran the most consistent league of them all and is the king of sim leagues, that's for sure... but to say you lose interest in ours (TSSL and TPSL) because we don't sim enough when mish's leagues has time frames between sims that usually last longer than ours (and rightfully so, he manages this site, I'm not putting anything on mission here... he has more to do than any of us, and deserves more credit than he gets) 90% of the time?

I just don't understand how we don't sim enough? McKain even quit because we simmed too much...

Nonetheless haf, you're always welcomed to join if you're still interested when/if a spot opens up... I've got nothing against you personally, it's all the internet and you've always been a cool guy in my book. I just didn't like the fact that you've bailed out on the league twice, leaving us with voids, even when I've tried to help make things more accessible and give you mutliple chances in the league.

But seriously... there's no hard feelings. If a spot opens, you're welcome to join up... I'm going to try to do my damndest job running this league, and make it an enjoyable experience for everyone.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

AAA ERA

I wasn't accusing, bud.

Along with the frequent sims, AIM names for fellow GMs help because I love to talk trade and league.

I just gotta get a niche, keep interest. Thats my thing. Thats why I've stuck in no problem with S3SL but had trouble with others. I gotta get in contact with fellow GMs.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

MLB ERA

I've got a new aim name, it's in my profile I think... I'm looking to unload in Strike3, if you're interested in anything hit me up sometime today.

I didn't realize Faria was a free agent... I have absolutely no idea how he wound up one. It said he was arbitration elligible, so I don't get it. But I'm not going to complain about it... might as well just start rebuilding without him.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

AAA ERA

ANother thing S3SL has I wish other leagues did is BOSI. I hate scouring the league page and guessing how much contact or control some prospect had before he had a boost. Its just nice to see "increased his contact from 5 to 7". I love BOSI.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ

MLB ERA

I'd add bosi if I had any idea of how it worked and if I knew I had webspace for it. If it was easy and I wouldn't have to pay more, I'd be fine with adding it... but I'm completely unsure where to even start with it, how I'd upload it, if I need to purchase more webspace, etc.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast