Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: terrible news...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

terrible news...

the league file got corrupted because as i was shutting ootp down to save it, my computer shut down on its own, which its been doing for the last 2 weeks or so for some ungodly reason that i cant explain. so every time i tried to open something in the file, like free agency, or to generate the report to upload, it would just give my system an error and shut ootp down. so i sent the file to nick to see if he could do something with the file to get it to work, or maybe if just a change of system would make it work, while i fixed my computer with the 5 discs i got from the company. but the file didnt fix on nicks system either. so hes gonna email the webhosters, and see if theres a way he can download the information from the site or some such, because we're all out of options otherwise. neither one of us have much confidence thats gonna work, alas. thusly... i apologize for killing the league essentially, ive been putting off fixing my system til tonight so i could send the file to nick after the 2nd round of free agency... and i was about one second too late in retrospect. terrible luck, but yet its typical luck as well. all apologies for proving to be just as reliable as every other former person who used to run a league on this site who came up with some lame ass excuse for closing down the league. mine is unavoidable... but equally as lame.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: terrible news...

you backed up the files at some point, right? please say yes

hammer what's your address in new york im gonna come do bad things to you while you sleep

MLB ERA

Is there a copy of the file uploaded to the host site?
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

There has to be a file there on the host site. I think they should be able to email the file.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA

Didn't Nick have the file backed up from some point last season? You could just let us start from there again, or just sim the second half of the season. You could edit crap till it was basically the same. If any major talent losses happen or something. You could fix that. We could go by the current draft order we have. You can just make people sign with certain teams for the first two rounds of FA since we know the results already. It wouldn't be perfect, but it be close to what we just had.

MLB ERA

you'd like to take away my WS ring, wouldn't you DMB?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    my computer shut down on its own, which its been doing for the last 2 weeks or so for some ungodly reason that i cant explain.
    This wouldn't happen to be the work of the Blaster worm, is it?

****in rwvikes and his AIM viruses
    WELL MR MAYOR, FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS SPIN DOCTORS MIX TAPE
    cleveland steamers gm in tssl
    walker texas rangers gm in tpsl

MLB ERA

I blame Slyder personally...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

nick has a file on july 1st of last year. id have very little in the way of problems of simming back to free agency of this year, as long as everyone is aware that the file will likely be very different. prov, youll still be the champs in our hearts... and ill do my best to see if i cant replicate that, but thats the only thing ill do my best to replicate. other than player ratings... that i would set back to the exact ratings we have, to hte best of my ability of course, i probably cant tell what the exact rating is of the 10s digit behind the scenes. i hope we can still figure something out thats less hard though.

as for that blaster virus thing... i suppose that couldve been it. i windows updated the shit out of my computer though, so hopefully that takes care of it. i also rebooted my whole system back to factory settings, so hopefully that works too. i really have no clue honestly.

you dead dawg

MLB ERA

Hammer, what happened to the other copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    all ties were broken by me making a copy of the file and simming ahead and getting the actual draft order. makes things easier.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i deleted it before i even reset my computer... but even if i didnt, it would definitely be gone now. i had simmed to june without setting lineups or signing free agents or anything... so players were rotting in fa and in the minors and no team had a full team, so i saw no reason to keep it.

AAA ERA

Have you contact the people who run the host site about the file yet? Or was that not a feasible idea? I just remember people mentioning it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast