Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League Salaries.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

League Salaries.

Can we put some rule in that all teams MUST have a team salary of at least 25 million dollars. I dont think this is fair when there's a team with a payroll under 13 million. To me he can load up via free agency and kill off any offfer we place by just overpaying.

So I think 25 million should be the lowest a team should be at. I dont see things as fair when teams just DUMPS salary. Also by dumping salary it leads to having the first draft pick for the next what 5 years.

What is everyone's thoughts?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    In general... "tanking" is cowardice.

MLB ERA
    There's a team with a payroll of under 14 million. That was the main reason why I made the post, and the team owner was told I was going to create a post.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Tanking is not fielding a full team. I had a lot of guys at AA/AAA who were about ready. I didnt sign Towers, Spivey, etc to trade them. I expected them to remain as stop gaps because no one would want. But to my surprise someone was interested.

What good would spending another 10 mil do when my team is already terrible until my spects are ready? No team can go from the junkyard to penthouse in 1 season. Until guys like Butler, Czerwinski, and co. are ready I can't compete. I considered going out there and giving 15 mil for 3 yrs to someone like Ortiz but what exactly would that have accomplished? Maybe 2 more wins? Whoopty do. And he leaves at the end of the 3 years and Im still waiting on the meat of my farm to get ready before I start the push. I did the same exact thing when I took over Minnesota in S3SL the only reason it never got that low is b/c I had contracts that no one wanted (IE Soriano 2.0 star at 12 mil per year for 3 yrs).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I see where you maybe coming from sort of. I know you're talking about Slyder, but I know Slyder isn't tanking. Atleast I'm pretty sure he isn't tanking. He sets lineups, manages his farm, etc.

As for the salary thing... keep in mind also, when you dump salary, it also most definitely plays a part in decreased fan interest, which all adds up to less attendance and revenue which means less money as a whole.
    Basically having a low payroll stockpiles the money away I guess. So if someone with money saved away wanted to, they could spend a lot in free agency. So I see what you mean here.

However, I don't know if we can neccesarily implement a rule that says you have to keep your salary keep at a certain level, because that could be hard to maintain, especially if you're a rebuilding team and are trading for acquring prospects sake. But we could possibly impliment a spending limit per round of such, I believe Third Strike does something similar.

Before I make any promises or do anything though, I need to talk to hammer. He pretty much handles the offseason. Let me run this past him on aim.

I'm always open to ideas that will make this league better and more fair. Always feel free to suggest things.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    I know slyder runs his team. I just think that you have to have a set payroll or a minimum payroll. If Slyder held on to what he had to begin with he would be 15 games better in the win column. Slyder I am not bashing you in anyway. We just need to put a rule in place to make things more even.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Salary Minimum only works if there is a salary maximum
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    come on Dave. Your happy with a team that has a payroll of 13.5 million?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    I had no idea you were talking about Slyder. Slyder is "re-building" not "tanking". To me tanking is not putting your best players in a position to win. If you have a spec who could go either way... then that is not tanking. but having a 2.5-3.0 over 26 SP in AAA and 5 1.0's in MLB IS tanking.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i dont really like the idea at all, and im not gonna institute anything close to it at this time. before i even considered that, i would institute free agency rules like zito has in his league, but i dont feel like in the 2 free agent classes so far, that anyone has intentionally tried to overstock on all the best talent. if somebody should try to take advantage of that, then it would be time to consult with nick and come up with a free agency without exploitations... but as of right now, you all have the benefit of the doubt from me that youll do your job within the spirit of the game, and not to be a complete jackass.

solid idea man, but i just dont think we need it yet. i cant very well regulate the entire league, and tell slyder "you have to resign reggie sanders for 6 mil a season because youre under budget". plus like dave says, if i did that, then id have to put a cutoff at the top, and that would be unfair to the yankees, red sox, dodgers, whoever else that has a huge market and has the monitary ability to spend.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    I just think that you have to have a set payroll or a minimum payroll. If Slyder held on to what he had to begin with he would be 15 games better in the win column. Slyder I am not bashing you in anyway. We just need to put a rule in place to make things more even.
    My pitching would still be lousy, my offense would still be anemic (at best), and the division would still be very tough. Theres no way I improve 15 games in the win column. 15 games in the W column would put me in the thick of the division race.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    I also like it to be known that the Royal Payroll was about this low this year before Free Agency. Most of the salary left as FA such as Mark Grudzielanek (4 mil), Odalis Perez (8.9 mil i think) who either wanted a stupid amount of money or I had other options at my disposal.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    one final thing...

we already have a built in safety clause because of compensation. if you sign all the best free agents, i would assume that they would cost you some form of compensation. it would cripple your teams for years on end to lose all those 1st and 2nd round picks.

if a person signed 3 class a free agents, persay... the worst team would get the original first round pick, the 2nd worst team during the season of the signings would get the pick the 2nd year, and the best team during the season of the signings would get the pick the 3rd year. its the only fair way i could think of to do it... of course i could always just limit 1 class a and 1 class b signing every year... but we'll see.

MLB ERA
    Dejesus and Burgos just to name two of the players I recieved from you. Dejesus would have been your best outfielder. You traded other talent as well. So your telling me if you did NOT deal your best players you would not be a better team?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Would he still have as good of a farm??? Would those 2 make him a contender??

We have a cash limit for our teams as well... it is not like he is stockpiling all kinds of cash for further use.... the fan support of the team is also not helping... there are negatives as well, mn....

give it a rest, man
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast