Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League Salaries.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Dejesus and Burgos just to name two of the players I recieved from you. Dejesus would have been your best outfielder. You traded other talent as well. So your telling me if you did NOT deal your best players you would not be a better team?
    Chances are just as good that Dejesus could have played and gotten hurt for the season and lost some talent. Because we dont know what would have happened.

What good would Burgos in the closer's role be if I cant get a game to the 9th inning with us still in the game, let alone a lead? So I address my major deficiancy which is starting pitching depth. The here and now I might be a bit better but what good does those 2 players do when my BEST starting pitchers era is 4.81, 5, and almost 7.5. I dont care if your pen is Trevor Hoffman, Rollie Fingers, Dennis Eckersly, and Mariano Rivera if your SP pitchers suck youre going to suck badly unless I break the bank on one title run and trade away anything of value for 5 new SPs and pray they channel Johan Santana and the fans love them and triple my current FI so I dont have to turn around and trade them for crap because I cant afford anything. And then if i were to leave and you couldnt find anyone cause they suck too bad with no farm and no money to go after FAs with.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    To defend Slyder on this one, Its not the fact that his payroll is 13.4. Actually 13.4 isn't near as low as the 10 million that S3SL Texas and Milwaukee have right now. Some times you have a farm that isn't ready to be in the ML or All your best guys are in the ML and In their 1st 2-3 years of their contract (like TSSL Anaheim). At least he keeps a full roster.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nick
    I see where you maybe coming from sort of. I know you're talking about Slyder, but I know Slyder isn't tanking. Atleast I'm pretty sure he isn't tanking. He sets lineups, manages his farm, etc.

As for the salary thing... keep in mind also, when you dump salary, it also most definitely plays a part in decreased fan interest, which all adds up to less attendance and revenue which means less money as a whole.
    Basically having a low payroll stockpiles the money away I guess. So if someone with money saved away wanted to, they could spend a lot in free agency. So I see what you mean here.

However, I don't know if we can neccesarily implement a rule that says you have to keep your salary keep at a certain level, because that could be hard to maintain, especially if you're a rebuilding team and are trading for acquring prospects sake. But we could possibly impliment a spending limit per round of such, I believe Third Strike does something similar.
    Just some points from Nick's Post I wanted to discuss:
    $$$ piles really doesnt if you set standards to keep that from happening. It just means you got more upward mobility when your younger stars start looking for the big paydays.

How many of the FAs tell teams take a walk cause they want winners? I remember getting 4-5 guys in FA in S3SL cause I didnt win enough.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I tried tanking by trading away my entire team once. What good that did. Stupid Jon Lester.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I really don't see any reason why there should be a minimum payroll enforced. Teams have a certain amount of money and are free to use it or not use it as they want. There doesn't seem to be any problem with this from my standpoint. My Rangers in S3SL have a payroll of around $10 million or so even though I was given the team basically like that...but I don't feel the need to start throwing money around simply because of a low payroll.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

nah, no minimum nor maximum for that matter should be enforced upon payrolls. I would just take the route that others have expressed... if a team is obviously "tanking it" to make a lot of revenue and go apeshit in free agency, then that would be a time to drop some restrictions on a *****es head. otherwise let people run their teams the way they wanna run em.
    WELL MR MAYOR, FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS SPIN DOCTORS MIX TAPE
    cleveland steamers gm in tssl
    walker texas rangers gm in tpsl

Rookie ERA
    I don't think the Yankees are spending enough money.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bjd2933
    I don't think the Yankees are spending enough money.
    they need to spend another 100 million to keep up with the real Yankees
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Would he still have as good of a farm??? Would those 2 make him a contender??

We have a cash limit for our teams as well... it is not like he is stockpiling all kinds of cash for further use.... the fan support of the team is also not helping... there are negatives as well, mn....

give it a rest, man
    Dave,

when I am damn good and ready I will. Slyder knew I was posting this. Just worry about Detriot.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Mntwins giving a minimum salary would cripple the DRays who only make 45 M in Revenue right now. I'm at the cap for my team right now.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Dave,

when I am damn good and ready I will. Slyder knew I was posting this. Just worry about Detriot.
    I'm on task with the Tigers... maybe sometimes I get distracted from the shining of my RING... but I am certainly on task...
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Let me take away the distraction and someone how and take the RING. For it might be a while to get one with Tampa Bay.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    I'm on task with the Tigers... maybe sometimes I get distracted from the shining of my RING... but I am certainly on task...
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12