Thread: 2007 Kansas City Royal "ly bad"

MLB ERA

2007 Kansas City Royal "ly bad"

The Roster had a lot of changes made to try and add some pitching quality to my team, well here's where it stands right now.

Defensive Allignment:
    Ca- Ben Molina 32 yrs old: Great D, if he repeats his 2006 year I will be surprsied.
    1b- Justin Huber 24 yrs old: Main reason I felt I could trade Sweeney, hopefully as the season goes on he ups the power.
    2b- Mark Grudzielanek 36 yrs old: 1/2 of the Senior Citizen patrol. Would love to trade for anything and save the money on the contract. FA end of the year, I will likely look at FA for a replacement.
    ss- Esteban German 29 yrs old: Probably best as an utility guy, but while I'm building will probably be similar to Josh Anderson in S3SL and playing whereever I need him in the infield.
    3b- David Bell 34 yrs old: Good range, good arm, decent fielding for the position. I play not to lose games with my defense which is why he is signed rather than Dmitri Young who might put up better numbers with the bat. Alex Gordon 23 yrs old would be my favorite player if he had a dynamite ST and took the job.
    RF- Mitch Maier 24 yrs old: This position was probably DeJesus' coming into the year, but he was traded for a SP spect to try to give me some depth in the rotation.
    CF- Joey Gaithright 24 yrs old: Eventually probably my #2 hitter, needs to be more patient to become a legit leadoff hitter.
    LF- Shane Costa 25 yrs old: Probably the biggest beneficiary of a DeJesus exit, becomes a starter at MLB rather than AAA. Still has some work to do.
    DH- Ken Harvey 28 yrs old: Will probably split time with someone else being dh vs RHP (Likely candidate is Reggie Sanders)
    Average Age (just by years, assuming ave age of 3b options 34):25.7 yrs old.

Rotation:
    This is going to suck as only the Royals can.
    1 Odalis Perez 28 yrs old: Being paid like a #2 but unfortunately (without hitting more talent) is closer to a #4.
    2 Zach Greinke 23 yrs old: This goes against my usual rotation with Grienke only having 3 movement but I dont have much other choice.
    3 Vince Perkins 25 yrs old: Coming over in part of the Sweeney trade, will get a chance to play his way into the long term plans.
    4 Scott Elarton 31 yrs old: Please save me of the embarrassment of running him out there as part of the rotation, I will take anything (as long as its not more than this year and not more $$$)
    5 Runelvys Hernandez 28 yrs old: Going to give him a chance to play to his talent.
    Average Age: 27 yrs old

Bullpen:
    The big ? coming into this year. There is a little quality there, just a matter of how well they play.
    Closer- Ambiorix Burgos 22 yrs old: Fireballer with a chance to shut down games.
    Setup #1- Jorge de la Rosa 25 yrs old: Good stuff, decent fireballer, above average movement... Gets a chance.
    Setup #2- Todd Wellemeyer 28 yrs old: Untapped potential gets a couple years to try and earn a spot in the rebuilt KC Royal pen.

Middle Relievers:
    Justin Huisman 27 yrs old: Huge untapped talent going to pitch to see if he cant still reach it.
    Andy Sisco 24 yrs old: Tries to pitch his way into the Setup Role, has dynamite stuff.
    Mike Wood 26 yrs old: Another guy with untapped potential. Going to get a chance to pitch in the rotation.
    Luke Hudson 29 yrs old: Gets a chance to pitch in the majors until the spects start coming up.

Bench:
    Ca Adam Melhuse/Paul Phillips both good d/no stick backups. If either has to have significant time behind the batter Im not going to win more than 50.
    Rest of the bench is up in the air.

For those who like to play "Watch the future"
    AAA Players to watch:
    3b Alex Gordon 23 yrs old: The Crown Jewel of my system hitters moves up to AAA after putting up an ops of .909 and 26 hrs with 100 rbis in AA last year. A huge ST could find him in the every day lineup at MLB level.

SP George Schmidt 23 yrs old: Another tradee that I got in the Ryan Shealy trade from Tampa.

AA/A
    SP Kyle Waldrop 19 yrs old: Traded DeJesus for, I need him to succeed if I plan on rebuilding in the next 5 yrs.
    SP Luke Hochevar 23 yrs old: Still has time, but needs to start rounding out his game.
    LF Billy Butler 20 yrs old: One of the more well rounded players in my system. Has the power that my lineup should need.
    CF Derrick Robinson 19 yrs old: Speed kills, very similar d to Torii Hunter, lacks power to be any sort of threat but his speed base stealing could make him a very effective #1,2,7, or 9 (with dh i use #9 as a "second leadoff guy) hitter in my lineup.

Thoughts and predictions?

*Edit* added David Bell to the defensive allignment.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Team Goals

1) Get younger and cheaper.
    2) Stay healthy
    3) Improve
    4) Continue Trading pieces that arent in my future plans for spects that could help in the future.
    5) Finish with fewer than 100 loses
    6) Finish above last place (Chances of this slim to none unless theres a SBSL esque development in ST)
    7) Hit fewer HRs than some single players.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes