Thread: Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers (Apr 14-17)

Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers (Apr 14-17)

Toronto (6-3) @ Texas (4-5)

Thu, Apr 14 8:05 pm EDT R. Halladay vs. P. Astacio
    Fri, Apr 15 8:05 pm EDT T. Lilly vs. R. Drese
    Sat, Apr 16 8:05 pm EDT G. Chacín vs. K. Rogers
    Sun, Apr 17 2:05 pm EDT J. Towers vs. C. Young

Despite starting 305 games in the majors, the Jays have never faced Astacio. Last season he was brutal (over 6 ERA), so I doubt he can carry over the success from his first start this year.

Doc should be his usuall self and give the Jays a chance to win. If the rangers are held to under 4 runs, I definately see the Jays winning tonight.

Complete game by Doc in a 2-1 win. He walked none and struck out nine. He got into trouble a couple times, but came up with some clutch pitching.

Lets hope Lilly can continue the hot streak.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thought I would pop in here. Saw your post on hfboads Impossibles, so I figured I'd hit it up.

Doc was stunning last night. I figure every 9 K game he throws, Jays win. That's the way it should be, and that's the way it is turning out.

Lilly should be fine, as I see an outburst of run support of the Texas pitcher.

Let's keep the show on the road boys.

MLB ERA
    I hoping for a good game for Lilly
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

^Didn't get your wish.

Lilly wasn't bad, but the Jays hitters were brutal. Waaay to much first pitch swinging, Drese got to the 8th inning throwing under 90 pitches. This from a team that is supposed to be patient and take a lot of pitches?

Wells is starting to piss me off...way too many easy outs.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wells just needs to realize that he is the power now. It seems that he wants to do the normal things that he did last year. Now is has the power that the Jays need.

my opinion, I could be wrong

I'm not a big fan of Wells plate discipline at this point. WAAAAAY too many first pitch swings and subsequent easy outs. He needs to learn to take more pitches. It's better to take 10 pitches and fly out than to take one pitch and fly out.