Thread: Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays (April 8-11)

Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays (April 8-11)

Fri, Apr 8 7:15 pm EDT D. Bush vs. B. Arroyo
    Sat, Apr 9 1:07 pm EDT R. Halladay vs. D. Wells
    Sun, Apr 10 1:07 pm EDT T. Lilly vs. M. Clement

Home opener tonight, complete with the trailer park boys throwing out the first pitch and Slash playing the national anthems.

I'm not expecting the Jays to win tonight, they have too much pressure to win and the Sox have nothing to lose. I'm expecting Bush to press and be out by the 5th inning.

The Jays stayed in the game and made a great effort in the ninth, but fell just short. It had been a while since I watched a Blue Jays game, I didn't recognize most of the names.

Anyway, I just want to know when did they change the name of the dome?

AA ERA
    I think in January, Killah.

Yeah, the team's owners bought the stadium this winter. That's also why they've replaced the turf and the scoreboards, and why its now called the rogers center.

Good game, I missed the first 6 innings, but the Jays showed they can compete with the big guns. If League doesn't make that error, the Sox definately don't score 6 runs, and maybe the Jays win.

Can't wait to watch a whole game tomorrow, first time this season. The GF is going to hate me...

Jays win! Jays win!

Greg Zaun hit a grand slam in the 8th inning to cap a 6-run 8th inning, to give the Jays a 12-5 win. It was Zaun's first homer of the season, and the 4th from the Jays in the game. Well, Koskie and Hillenbrand hit consecutive home runs in the third off David Wells. Halladay pitched strong until the 6th, when he gave up a couple hits and a home run to David Ortiz.

Rios went 3-4 to raise his season average to .462 (6-13). Koskie, Hillenbrand, and Zaun all hit their first homers of the season.

I think the Jays now lead the majors in team home runs. Go figure.

Rubber match tomorrow, should be a great game.

AA ERA
    Good job by the Jays taking two out of three against Boston.

That's pretty darn good.

Very nice win from the Jays today. They are really playing like a team, everybody is chipping in. Another nice game by the starter (Lilly), and the bullpen did the job.

Batista gave up the lead in the 9th, but I'll let it slide because the Sox got a couple lucky breaks. Then Reed and Orlando came up in the ninth and were absolutely clutch.

Next up, Oakland Athletics...none of these games are televised locally for some reason.

MLB ERA
    couldn't comment on the series as i missed the last two games but way to go jays
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

You missed a good series. I really like the way the Jays are playing this year. Nobody is stinking it up, and different guys are stepping up each game. No more relying on Wells and Delgado.

The best part is the pitching. Jays are currently 4th in the majors in walks allowed, which really hurt them last season. Only 10 walks in 6 games.