Thread: EE extended

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Blue Jays EE extended

Toronto Blue Jays sign infielder Edwin Encarnacion to contract extension - ESPN

Before the season I thought the Jays should have done better than EE at DH but I couldn't have been more wrong, especially at $3.5 million for 2012. EE looks to have found a home in Toronto and found his stroke in the prime of his career. He's straight crushing the ball and could have been an All Star. The years cover the rest of his prime years and for less than $10 million/season. Seems like a good deal for the Jays

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: EE extended

What has been especially impressive has been his improved walk rate. He really is bringing a complete hitting game, the one many thought he would deliver in the bigs when he was a prospect. I am glad he has found his stroke and I think getting away from defensive concerns/woes have helped him focus on where his talents are.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: EE extended

I am just pumped this is over with. He was the one batter we had to deal with in the off season. Now he's signed and AA can turn his attention to the depleted pitching staff.