Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swap the Brandon: Jays trade League + Prospect for Morrow?

Blue Jays Swap the Brandon: Jays trade League + Prospect for Morrow?

Twitter / Ken Rosenthal: Sources: Mariners have rea ...

According to Kenny Ken Ken.

Rumor is its JP Arencabia.

Can't say I'd be thrilled about dealing JPA so soon, but it doesn't look like he's going to hit enough to be a star player, and with aquiring Buck, Castro, and D'Arnard, the writing might be on the wall.

We don't know if its going to work, but hey at least its going to be interesting. Acquire as many high talent players as you can and see what happens.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Swap the Brandon: Jays trade League + Prospect for Morrow?

It figures Morrow wasn't staying in Seattle for long. Before this news, I can almost envision him finally snapping while exiting a game and crying out to the Mariners faithful like Clark Kent to Jor-El in Smallville with "I'll never be what you want me to be!"
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 12-22-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    It figures Morrow wasn't staying in Seattle for long. Before this news, I can almost envision him finally snapping while exiting a game and crying out to the Mariners faithful like Clark Kent to Jor-El in Smallville with "I'll never be what you want me to be!"
    We seriously need a quote of the week.

MLBastian says the prospect is Yohermyn Chavez. Who aside from having a strange name, is not on many top 10 lists, but is young, a good athlete, and put up good numbers in low A ball this year. However he's really raw and who knows what will come of him.

I say win for Jays right now, however I think League will help the Mariner's bullpen in the immediate future.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wow, Double-A is sure changing this situation that is the Jay's. If this is all said and done, this is sure gonna be an interesting next couple of years in the Skydome.

MLB ERA

go AA
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

its done

Jays formally announce League for Morrow swap

After a day of speculation, the Toronto Blue Jays officially announced on Wednesday that they acquired right-handed pitcher Brandon Morrow from the Seattle Mariners in exchange for relief pitcher Brandon League and Single-A outfielder Johermyn Chavez.
    I really like it

Morrow wants to be a starter with the Blue Jays

give him a chance Toronto
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

At least decide right now what you want him to be and stick with him, stop with the wishy washy shit and ruining his arm like Seattle.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    We seriously need a quote of the week.
    Thanks. I'm just glad the Smallville reference clicked with somebody's mind.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

In the years that followed, any written word about Morrow in a story or blog post would elicit angry comments wondering how the Mariners could have passed on Lincecum. To make matters worse, Lincecum rocketed to stardom with the San Francisco Giants, only adding to the lamentations and complaints of Mariners fans.

Morrow knew it. He couldn’t run from it. A relatively quiet, laid-back kid from the Bay Area, he couldn’t escape the massive shadow of the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Lincecum. It was there in the Puget Sound area where Lincecum grew up. It was there when Morrow would go home to Santa Rosa to see his family.

Any time the name Lincecum was mentioned within earshot of Morrow, a pained look would come across his face, as if somebody was sticking a steel spike in his spine.

They were forever linked, and Morrow seemed likely to be forever in Lincecum’s shadow.
    More Where did the Mariners go wrong with Morrow? | MORE TOP SPORTS - The News Tribune | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination

MLB ERA

On the surface, it looks like we got below value for Morrow. Him and League have similar potential as relievers, but Morrow should be valued much higher because he could still turn out to be a pretty effective starter.

However, I think Jack Z was just ready to move on from Morrow, who represents everything that went wrong with the Bavasi-era. It's embarrassing how poorly we handled Morrow's development and it's best for both sides if Morrow can get as far away from the Lincecum comparisons as possible. But it still seems like were better deals out there for Morrow (BM and Kelly for Edwin Jackson, anyone?). Hopefully League turns out to be nails for us in the 8th, saw that something like 30% of his fly balls left the park last year, that is crazy and won't be repeated in Safeco.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Wow MF87, I haven't seen you in a decade. And I loathe the taste of the Bavasi era. Since he is "assisting" Jocketty now and all.

And I agree, I think Morrow, although lackluster now, has the higher ceiling than League.

MLB ERA

Haven't been on here in a good while, Bavasi will do that to you, had to take a baseball break. Jack Z has restored the faith though. Good to see that a lot of the same people are still here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Its about damn time one of the old Mariners faithful 3 comes back. Welcome Back MF.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Let's get element back and get that board rockin, should be an exciting season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast