Thread: Blue Jays sign SS Alex Gonzalez

MLB ERA

Blue Jays Blue Jays sign SS Alex Gonzalez

TSN
    A day after signing shortstop John McDonald, the Toronto Blue Jays have seemingly found their 2010 starter.

The Jays announced the signing of Alex Gonzalez to a one-year contract worth $2.75 million on Thursday. The contract also includes a club option for $2.5 million in 2011.

"There's no doubt we'd like to have a long-term solution with respect to someone who could be here for multiple years at a time and be part of the next core of players, but we're very excited to have Alex and we like the flexibility the contract gives us," GM Alex Anthopoulos said on a conference call.

The signing of the 32-year old Gonzalez likely spells the end of Marco Scutaro's time in Toronto.6
    sad to see Scutaro's time in a Jays is done but i guess thats business, be interesting to see where Gonzalez fit in
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Blue Jays sign SS Alex Gonzalez

I am thankful that the Reds' era of Alex Gonzalez is over for now (I had feared the Reds would bring him back on a similar deal.)

Interestingly enough, Scutaro could sign with the Red Sox who is showing a good deal of interest.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Scutaro leaving was seen a while ago, as soon as the Jays saw that they got compensation, I knew he was gone.

Interesting to see what this "AGon" is gonna do in T.O. Improved the AVG in Boston, so there is "some sign" of a good thing.

Which Alex Gonzalez is this? The Alex S. Gonzalez the Cubs had gotten from the Jays back in the early 2000's or the Florida Alex Gonzalez?
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Florida Marlins one.