Thread: These Jays Are Shot

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Blue Jays These Jays Are Shot

The Toronto Globe and Mail reports that Vernon Wells has suffered a Grade 2 strain of his left hamstring and will be out 4-6 weeks.
    Wells left Wednesday's game after attempting to steal third base, and didn't come back out for the next inning. The Blue Jays originally said the injury was leg cramps, but clearly that's not the case. Alex Rios is in centerfield with Brad Wilkerson in right on Thursday night, but the Globe and Mail suggests that Toronto could promote Travis Snider from Triple-A, where he's hitting .286 with 13 homers.

The Blue Jays' official website reports that Dustin McGowan will likely avoid surgery on his ailing right shoulder.
    It's huge news for the 26-year-old, as team doctors determined that McGowan's shoulder hasn't suffered any additional damage compared to an MRI performed late last season. He is expected to get a second opinion next week, but for now it seems like he's only dealing with inflammation in the arm.
    Poor Blue Jays. Vernon Wells hasn't done squat since signing that big contract a couple of years ago. He has been constantly hurt it seems. That Snider kid has some good numbers so maybe getting him some experience will pay off.

Good news on McGowan but he is still going to miss a month or so. Jays should take it really slow and easy.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: These Jays Are Shot

Vernon and McGowan are probably useless the rest of the season, Burnett is about to get dealt and J.P. Ricciardi still has his job. Can't get much worse.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Matt Stairs has suddenly retired"
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

As long as Gaston is on the bench I'm happy. Burnett can bring in some nice pieces. Someone could use Scott Rolen.

MLB ERA

JP will drop the ball on Burnett and either keep him or get nothing in a trade
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would have more faith in "god" here if he ran the team. Fire JP, HiG in 08!!!!

But seriously, it seems like it's always the injury's that are getting in the way of this team. Halladay the last couple of years, and Wells as well. Maybe we need a new medical trainer now.