Thread: Lind's callup will lead to everyday role

MLB ERA

Blue Jays Lind's callup will lead to everyday role

The Official Site of The Toronto Blue Jays: News: Lind's callup will lead to everyday role

PITTSBURGH -- Adam Lind was sitting on the bench in Syracuse on Friday night when Chiefs manager Doug Davis approached the young outfielder during the third inning of their game against Triple-A Richmond.

Davis motioned to Chip Cannon -- seated next to Lind -- and said, "You're going to first base." Davis then turned to Lind and added, "You're going to Pittsburgh." Lind was initially confused, trying to sort out the instructions he and Cannon had just been given.

That was until Lind realized he was getting a call to join the Blue Jays again.

"I was kind of shocked," Lind said with a laugh. "I didn't know what he meant."

Lind found out soon enough, landing in Pittsburgh on Saturday and being inserted into the starting lineup as Toronto's left fielder for Sunday's finale against the Pirates. Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston said that's going to be a common role for Lind from now on.

"We want this kid to play every day, if we can," Gaston said. "We want to try to play him most of the time. He's hit everywhere he's been. You guys know him a little bit from last year. He didn't do too well here, but we think he's going to come back and be one of our top players."
    rest of the article in the link

got to say I'm really happy with Adam Lind getting a real chance now, JP kept holding him back in favour of old vets which made no sense.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Lind's callup will lead to everyday role

I will have to check the waiver wire on my fantasy league.