http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=237246&l...headlines_main
The Toronto Blue Jays have reportedly set their sights on outfielder/first baseman Brad Wilkerson.

According to globesports.com, the Jays have expressed interest in the 30-year old, who was designated for assignment by the Seattle Mariners on May 1.

The left-handed hitter has always hit left-handed pitchers better than right-handed pitchers and the Blue Jays are going to be facing three left-handers in their four-game set that begins against the Indians tonight.

"We're facing three lefties in Cleveland, so we'd like a right-handed type bat - by that I mean a guy who can hit lefties," manager John Gibbons told globesports.com.

With the Blue Jays putting both John McDonald and David Eckstein on the 15-day DL, the club has one open roster spot after the recall of infielder Joe Inglett, and general manager J.P. Ricciardi said on Thursday that the team would likely add another bat before Friday night's game.

The globesports.com report says that Ricciardi had looked into adding a right-handed hitter, but he didn't want to part with any of the clubs surplus pitching.

can't say I'm too pleased with the report, I loved Wilkerson when he was an expo oh so long ago, but he isn't the same player

no harm or risk in signing him for dirty cheap but I would if the Jays took on the 3 million dollar contract especially after releasing Reed Johnson