Thread: Scott Rolen expected to return Friday

MLB ERA

Scott Rolen expected to return Friday

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=235706&l...=secStory_main

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Scott Rolen is expected to be reinstated from the 15-day disabled list before Friday night's game against Kansas City.

Rolen, who broke the middle finger on his right hand, worked out with the team before Thursday night's game with Tampa Bay. He went 0-for-9 during a three-game rehab assignment with single-A Dunedin.

''I'm ready to play,'' Rolen said Thursday. ''I still have a pretty significant bone bruise. I can feel it when I throw, feel it when I hit. I think my options are, take a month and do nothing and wait for it to heal or play. It's time to play.''

Rolen had surgery on his broken finger March 24, one day after getting hurt during a fielding drill. He was hit in the hand by a ball, tearing the nail off his finger and breaking the bone at the end of the finger.

''He felt he was ready,'' Toronto manager John Gibbons said. ''He's anxious to get going.''

Rolen was acquired from St. Louis for fellow third baseman Troy Glaus in January.
    Finally, lets see if he can give the Jays some life in their lineup
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Scott Rolen expected to return Friday

I skeptical here. He can still feels the pain when he throws and hits but he is ready? I see some throwing errors and a lot of men left on base in his future and I love Rolen.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I would just hope that he can stay in the Jays lineup for a sustained period of time before this injury lingers back.

MLB ERA

Rolen went 1 for 3, 1 walk, and 2 RBI on a double late in the game to give the Jays a 4-2 lead until they blew in the bottom of the inning.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How much of a gamble is it on this guy for fantasy? Say I want to drop some guy on my bench, a hitter or pitcher. I know he's been good in the past, offensively, if he ever stays healthy.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Rolen hitting 6th in the lineup for now, between Stairs (5th) and Overbay (7th), so he's going to be chances to drive in runs and have some protection with Overbay behind him.

The lineup can change to Rolen hitting 5th if either Stairs or Overbay moves up to the 2nd hole where Aaron Hill hitting right now, to give some more options available and won't group the left-handed batters together in middle and bottom of the order (Zaun a switch hitter is 8th or 9th)

Rolen is also playing for a contract this year (he can opt out of his current one after this season) that might play a role in hoping he does well (he's also a greedy bastard), the Jays are getting on base but having trouble being in the runs, Rolen will help with that.

Still his shoulder is still a risk and hand injuries are also tricky and take time to get over.

His fantasy value should be low and maybe worth a gamble, there is a chance that picking him will help a lot and probably won't hurt you

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    How much of a gamble is it on this guy for fantasy? Say I want to drop some guy on my bench, a hitter or pitcher. I know he's been good in the past, offensively, if he ever stays healthy.
    I picked him up as a reserve fielder in my league which is an A.L. only league. If you are in an A.L. only league I would say go for it, if you are in a mixed league I would say hold off until you see what he is going to do at the plate.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I ended up dropping Crede for Rolen. It's a bench spot, no real risk I guess and my 3B is Chipper. Unfortunately, in one swift move, both my 3Bs could be D.L. buddies.

But Rolen is on a solid start and Crede has been awful lately.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Overall Crede hasn't been too bad. He is hitting .272 with 7 dingers and 25 RBI.