Thread: Chad Gaudin debuts for Blue Jays

MLB ERA

Chad Gaudin debuts for Blue Jays

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=tor

Chad Gaudin makes his Blue Jays debut Tuesday night in Seattle as the Jays take on the Mariners in the second game of a three-game series. The right-hander has a 4.25 ERA in 41 Major League appearances, all with Tampa Bay. He will be making his eighth big league start and second versus the Mariners.

Gaudin has no record and a 6.23 ERA in two career appearances against Seattle, both coming in 2003.

The 22-year-old was recalled from Triple-A Syracuse on Sunday after posting a 3-2 record with a 2.48 ERA and one shutout in 10 starts with the SkyChiefs.

i'll predict a 7-4 win with Gaudin going 6 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO
    and hopefully Hillenbrand starts to warm up again

before i forget a welcome to LancePhoenix
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    impressive debut for Gaudin, his silder is deadly, still needs to work on his control though, but he kept the M's on their heels for the 5 inning he pitched, Bullpen almost blew but Batista came in got his 9th save to win the game

Gaudin's line
    5.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K's

great game by V-dub with 2 HR and 5 RBI, also Hillenbrand with his own 2 run HR, Aaron Hill with 2 more hits
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Gaudin looked pretty good. I didn't realize he could throw as hard as he could. He might have the stuff to be a starter, but with that slider/fastball combo he could be a deadly reliever if he could locate his pitches better. I read an article on his slider somewhere on the net, I'll try to find it. Its been described as the best slider in baseball. He uses a curveball grip, and he's had people ducking out of the way of it and then it coming back over the plate for a strike.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Blue Jays

Very impressive debut for Gaudin.

When I watched him against the Blue Jays last year, I was kind of leary when I saw when he started to walk batters a bit, as this happened when Tampa Bay was playing the Jays in 2004 and the Jays came back in that game, I cannot remember if they won, but Gaudin lasted 1/2 an inning, due to his lack of control.

Anyways, He pitched EXTREMELY well in his debut, and I'm glad they have someone who is more fitted to take that spot in the rotation for now. Bush needs to work out his mechanics.

I'm just glad Schowenweis was taken out before he blew the game.
    Haha.