Thread: Rios for Lincecum?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rios for Lincecum?

1:57 p.m., from Jayson Stark
    • The Giants and Blue Jays have a deal on the table that would send outfielder Alex Rios to San Francisco for pitcher Tim Lincecum. But the Blue Jays appear to be more motivated to make that trade than the Giants. Two baseball men who spoke with the Giants describe them as being "indecisive" about whether they really want to move Lincecum for a big bat and, if they do, about whom they should get for him. Toronto has decided its best strategy to survive in the loaded AL East is to stockpile as many power arms as possible. So the Blue Jays would sacrifice offense if they could pick up an arm like Lincecum.
    Now from rotoworld:

Giants GM Brian Sabean indicated that the Jays' offer of Alex Rios for Tim Lincecum remains on the table.

It's being considered, but no further discussions are scheduled at this time, meaning that if it happens, it will probably take place after the winter meetings. It's clear the Giants would much rather use Noah Lowry to get a young bat, but there hasn't been much interest after his late-season elbow woes.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rios for Lincecum?

The Gays have Halladay, Burnett, Marcum, McGowan already. It's just stupid as I've said before. Ricciardi looks like he wants to trade just for the heck of making trades. Maybe he wants to pad his resume or something.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rios is just not enough for a future co-ace of the Giants. Giants have ways of getting bats without trading Lincecum. Cabrera was the only one I wanted them to trade him for. If the jays threw Accardo in the trade, then i would do it.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

In that case, you shouldn't have traded Accardo in the first place. Where's Shea Hillenbrand now?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What can I say? Sabean has done a terrible job the last few years and its not looking any better.

MLB ERA

fat chance your getting Accardo back
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg