Thread: Darrin Fletcher is BAD!

AA ERA

Darrin Fletcher is BAD!

I got to listen to him tonight as I got the Rogers SportsNet feed from MLB.TV. I have to say that he stinks. He was brutal to listen along with the Jamie Campbell. He is saying lot of stupid things like talking about his playing career or talking about how Towers is pitching with a heavy heart. Pitching with a heavy heart? He is getting lit up like a firecracker and he is pitching with a heavy heart. He is saving the relievers and taking one for the team. That should not constitute to him pitching with a heavy heart. I mean the fans are booing him out there.

I rarely get the Jays feed. I was hoping to get John Cerutti if I got the feed. Darrin Fletcher makes Darrin Jackson (he does the White Sox games) look like Jim Kaat in comparision

MLB ERA
    it was Fletcher's 1st game so i can't hold him against that, he did sound nervous

and John Cerutti died last year in October, Pat tabler is the analyst for TSN, took over for the most part on SNET
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

AA ERA
    Oops my mistake on the late John Cerutti.

I did not know that this was Fletcher's first game. Whatever it was, it was very bad and Jamie Campbell was so brutal to listen. I wish Chuck Swirsky did the game.

Normally, MLB.TV airs the US team games. This is the first time I ever watch Rogers SportsNet.

Yeah, we get screwed. I think Rogers actually loses money on the broadcasts, so they don't bother getting 'real' play by play guys for baseball.

I did like Darrin Fletcher though, Pat Tabler is extremely boring.

AA ERA
    Is Jamie Campbell the Jays regular PBP guy? Because if he is, I think Rogers SportsNet need to hire someone else. He was as bad as Fletcher. He seemed bored going back to the top of the first inning.

I would love to see Chuck Swirsky do baseball games. He would make a regular season game look like a huge event. He is that good. If not Chuck, hire Jody Vance. She is a hottie and loads of fun.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Is Jamie Campbell the Jays regular PBP guy? Because if he is, I think Rogers SportsNet need to hire someone else. He was as bad as Fletcher. He seemed bored going back to the top of the first inning.

I would love to see Chuck Swirsky do baseball games. He would make a regular season game look like a huge event. He is that good. If not Chuck, hire Jody Vance. She is a hottie and loads of fun.
    yes Jamie Campbell is the the PBP guy but its also his 1st season, Jamie way better than the last guy Rob Faulds
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I thought Fletcher did okay....Tabler IS extremely boring. If only Cerutti hadn't died.
    (R.I.P.)

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't mind when Joe Carter was there a few years back, and I wouldn't mind seeing him behind the broadcasting bench again.

AA ERA
    Welcome, Lance.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Did you hear Fletcher singing "here comes the hammer, here comes the hammer" when Halladay has two strikes on a batter? It's beyond stupid. I hate Fletcher. And Jamie Campbell is brutal. Campbell was doing Sportscenter or whatever it's called until they moved him to PBP. Bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by LancePhoenix
    I thought Fletcher did okay....Tabler IS extremely boring. If only Cerutti hadn't died.
    (R.I.P.)

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't mind when Joe Carter was there a few years back, and I wouldn't mind seeing him behind the broadcasting bench again.
    I think Joe lives in San Diego. He only pitched in on the PBP because the Jays were in that town.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Did you hear Fletcher singing "here comes the hammer, here comes the hammer" when Halladay has two strikes on a batter? It's beyond stupid. I hate Fletcher. And Jamie Campbell is brutal. Campbell was doing Sportscenter or whatever it's called until they moved him to PBP. Bad decision.
    I know that was brutal. I was just shaking my head.

Did you catch when he screwed up interviewing Doc? He sounded like he was going to ask him something, then stuttered, then stumbled, then silence, and the he ended the interview. I thought Doc was going to laugh at him.

AA ERA
    Good to see it wasn't me that hated those two.

I have been annoyed that MLB.TV never picked up Twins telecast. I always get the other team's games.