TSN : MLB - Canada's Sports Leader
The Toronto Blue Jays will part ways with hitting coach Mickey Brantley after the season as part of a larger shakeup coming to manager John Gibbons' staff.

The rest of the coaching staff is expected to return, although some will have their roles shifted, a source told The Canadian Press on Wednesday. Third base coach Brian Butterfield, for instance, is likely to take over from Ernie Whitt as the new bench coach. The replacement for Brantley, meanwhile, is likely to come from outside the organization.

General manager J.P. Ricciardi declined comment but Brantley was willing to speak, telling the FAN 590, a Toronto all-sports radio station, that he thought the move was unfair.

"I am the goat, there's no question about that," Brantley said. "I don't think I'm bitter. I'm not happy obviously with the decision."
Why fire someone who had no control of the situation (Brantley).

Brantley is right he is being used as a scape goat in all this, not his fault Wells' shoulder was injured before the season started and before he signed his contract extension, or that Overbay and Johnson, two of the best contact hitters on the team got injured, then Troy Glaus was playing through injuries this entire season then had the off-field problems.

Alex Rios and Aaron Hill grew as hitters added some needed power to their swing, Matt Stairs had a great unexpected season, and even Frank Thomas had a great 2nd half.

I'm getting sick of GM J.P. Ricciardi.