Thread: Halladay could return next week

MLB ERA

Halladay could return next week

TSN : MLB - Canada's Sports Leader

Associated Press

5/26/2007 9:35:40 AM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Toronto Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay threw 65 pitches in a simulated game in Minnesota on Friday, continuing his comeback from an appendectomy that sent him to the disabled list two weeks ago.

Halladay said he felt good after throwing for the first time since the surgery. The 2003 AL Cy Young Award winner said he has no discomfort from the scar on his lower right abdomen.

The right-hander will gauge how he feels Saturday before setting up a throwing plan for the remainder of his rehabilitation. He's aiming to return as early as Thursday or Friday.

"For me, it's going to be more how my arm bounces back than my body," Halladay said.

One of nine players currently on the disabled list for the Blue Jays, Halladay is 4-2 with a 4.37 ERA in eight starts this season.
    will be great to have him back early
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Re: Halladay could return next week

update from today

TSN : MLB - Canada's Sports Leader

Halladay WILL make a early return to the team, on Thursday against the White Sox.
    Rookie Jesse Litsch, who didn't finish the fifth inning in Friday's 4-3 loss to the Twins, is scheduled to make his next start on Wednesday against the New York Yankees. Tomo Ohka, Saturday's starter, could be the odd man out.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg