Thread: Overbay signs multi-year deal with Blue Jays (4 years-$24M)

MLB ERA

Overbay signs multi-year deal with Blue Jays (4 years-$24M)

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...sBaseball/home

finally something that's good from JP this off-season
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I really like Overbay. I miss him as a Brewer. IMO, he is a prototypical #3 hitter in a lineup. He really matured into a nice player once he was given a chance to play full-time!!!! I still follow what he is doing for the Jays!!! Cnagrats and Good Luck, Lyle!!

AA ERA
    I think the Jays got a very affordable contract for Overbay's production, nice move by JP.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Wow.. he sure has come along way since his days here in Missoula, MT with the Osprey (the Diamondbacks lowest farm team)... He was an outstanding player and I knew he would do well in the majors if he ever got the chance. I have a couple baseballs, home and away Jerseys and 4 Hats with his signature. I collect Pioneer league memorabilia (have stuff from Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza and more from their first minor league teams lol) ..

Anyway.. Congrats to Lyle

AA ERA
    Good signing. Overbay has been playing great with the Jays. Solid player.

Rookie ERA
    Excellent signing by JP. Overbay is one of those guys that everyteam needs but never gets the credit he deserves.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I think he is better than solid!!!! I would hit him in front of Wells and I bet he produces even more!!!!

Rookie ERA
    I've wanted the Jays to try Overbay batting second for a while. He is always getting on base and that would greatly increase the RBI chances for Wells, Glaus and Thomas, plus it would allow Rios to bat right behind Thomas who also has very good on base numbers and increase his RBi chances as well.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

HMMMMM... Good idea!!!! That is probably the ideal spot for him. Having a lefty bat second you can also play a lot of hit and run with the hole open on the right side. First and third teams to death there!! Unless the Jays want to break up all the righties there in the middle of the line-up!!! They have put together a formidable line-up if everyone stays healthy. You do have a couple of ify's there with Glaus and Thomas.

MLB ERA
    Overbay would look great inbetween Johnson and Wells.

Without Cat on the team the Jays have no lefty besides Overbay that can hit in the 2nd hole.

bf18, your right without Overbay breaking up that all right-handed middle of order, it worries me a bit, but I think the Jays have no choice right now cuz I hate seeing 5 right-handed batters to start off the game (Johnson, Rios, Wells, Thomas, Glaus) more than no lefty in the middle of order

line up I would like to see
    Johnson
    Overbay
    Wells
    with Thomas and Glaus fighting for the clean up job.
    Rios
    Zaun
    Hill
    whoever the SS is
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Put Overbay in the 3 or 4 hole and let your SS sacrifice all the time!!! Then thosa at-bats don't go against your .avg and maybe then the SS will look like they have big NUMBERS!!!