Thread: Games 33-35: Royals @ Blue Jays

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Games 33-35: Royals @ Blue Jays

I'm really looking forward to tonight's matchup between Greinke and Halladay.

P.S. Did you guys see Gregg Zaun in the dugout? He was a zombie.

(get rid of the freaking fonts)

You mean a Zaun-bie?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    (No shit, they're getting on my nerves too)

Grienke v. Halladay= nice.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    6th inning: That was a sick play by Huckaby-Halladay. A 2-out wild pitch from Halladay that hits the backstop, Huckaby races to it, flings it to Halladay who blocks the plate on a charging Angel Berroa to get the third out... Mike Sweeney's at-bat is interrupted as the inning ends.

Still 3-1 Blue Jays to the bottom of the 6th.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, Greinke is intense. He has retired the side in three straight innings, with very few pitches. The Jays aren't putting up much fight.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Also, one thing that I noticed. Last time that I watched the Blue Jays, Pat Tabler was talking about how the hitting coach changed Alex Rios' batting routine, how Rios doesn't rest the bat on his shoulder before the pitch anymore. And Rios didn't do that in his first two at-bats, but here in the 6th inning, Rios went back to his old-style ways, and he ended up fouling out weakly to Mike Sweeney. Those young players don't learn, do they.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wow, TSN just showed a stat that Zack Greinke has the worst run support of any pitcher in baseball at 0.56 runs/game. That is straight up embarrassing there. Shame on the Royals. Even Roger Clemens gets better run support than that. Gawd.

His 65-70 mph curveball is the sickness though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Greinke-Halladay game just ended in only 1 hour and 44 minutes. Complete game by both pitchers.

AA ERA
    After the game, Tony Pena resigned as the Royals manager.

This season is relatively young, but already we got one manager left in the dust. Royals got lot of months to go so Royals fans will have to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    After the game, Tony Pena resigned as the Royals manager.

This season is relatively young, but already we got one manager left in the dust. Royals got lot of months to go so Royals fans will have to deal with this.
    I would resign as well. The Royals front office has made no effort to improve the team, they just seem to get worse and worse. They only have 2 starters batting over .250.

Big 8th inning from the Jays to win the game 12-9. Hillenbrand with another homer (had one yesterday). Rios with a big bases loaded double to put the Jays ahead. O-Dawg also had a good game with 4 walks and a rbi double that should have scored 2 but was ruled a GRD due to fan interference.

MLB ERA
    wells looks he's off and on again, i guess its better than being off all the time
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

AA ERA
    Impossibles: How many youth movements failures does it take for Allard Baird to lose his job? There was a poll on the Royals Sports Television Network couple of weeks ago about can the Royals be successful copying the blueprint of the Twins success. Most Royals fans voted no. It shows they have no faith or confidence towards Allard.

I know I felt that way in the late nineties with Terry Ryan. Fortuantely for Terry, he made some smart trades that has enable him to survive as the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Impossibles: How many youth movements failures does it take for Allard Baird to lose his job? There was a poll on the Royals Sports Television Network couple of weeks ago about can the Royals be successful copying the blueprint of the Twins success. Most Royals fans voted no. It shows they have no faith or confidence towards Allard.

I know I felt that way in the late nineties with Terry Ryan. Fortuantely for Terry, he made some smart trades that has enable him to survive as the GM.
    I feel the same way. I didn't mean Pena was doing a bad job developing good players, I meant the KC Royals weren't giving him the tools to make the team better and he probably was getting extremely fustrated and quit.