Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deal For the Big Hurt?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Deal For the Big Hurt?

The Blue Jays are closing in on a deal with free agent Frank Thomas, two sources at the general managers' meetings told ESPN.com.
    Now here's a surprise. It's hard to believe that, with just two quality starters on their roster and hardly as much financial flexibility as last year, the Jays are going to spend at least $7 million-$8 million per year on a DH. Maybe it's a sign that they're going to move Vernon Wells for pitching. Otherwise, they're also blocking Adam Lind. If Wells is dealt, Reed Johnson could go to center and Lind could play left.
    Wow! This probably takes the A's by surprise. Wells for Santana and another pitcher sounds good for both teams. This might open up a chance for Bonds to go to the A's, a slight chance but a chance.

MLB ERA
    Bonds in Oakland would make me happy.

MLB ERA
    ugh, i don't believe Thomas can repeat like he did this past season
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    He'll have no problems at all hitting like he did, it's just a matter of whether or not he gets hurt.

MLB ERA
    The deal is reportedly worth OVER THIRTY MILLION, with two years for sure, and either a third year or an option year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2663691

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bye Bye Vernon! This better be for 3 years. If Thomas gets $10 mil per year, then Bonds shouldn't expect more than that.

MLB ERA
    I would imagine that Ricciardi doesn't care about his job if he actually signs Thomas to a 3 year deal.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Any one else find it to be a mystery or whatever that ball players always seem to have career years and/or do something special in their FA year. hhhmmm, something to ponder. I also believe that Thomas will not duplicate last years numbers. I smell an injury coming on with him after he signs the dot line, probably writes cramp or tennis elbow.

MLB ERA
    WHY!!!!!???????

This is going to back-fire in a big way, I predict Thomas won't even get 75 games in the first 2 seasons of the deal.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i would object to the Big Hurt as in oft injuried, proper nickname coming to my team to!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, Frank Thomas will get a two-year, $23 million contract from the Blue Jays.
    No wonder he's leaving Oakland. The AP and FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal have confirmed that the deal is close. The Jays are getting one of baseball's better hitters, but Thomas has no defensive value, can't run at all and has missed more than half the season in three of the last six years. Unless the Jays are willing to up their payroll by at least $25 million-$30 million -- reports earlier this month indicated that they had $20 million-$22 million to spend -- it seems like a much better idea to use that money on pitching.
    Two years at $11.5 each. He should make more than Bonds makes unless he too goes to the AL. How can DH's make this much? Stupid ****ing AL!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

especially ones that will get hurt. can we all say DL now

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Two years at $11.5 each should more than Bonds makes unless he too goes to the AL. How can DH's make this much? Stupid ****ing AL!
    Huh?

AAA ERA
    I wouldnt be a huge fan of getting the Franky. But I've always liked him and would hope that he does well for us. Does he have much left after last years big season?
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast