Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halladay = injury prone

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Halladay = injury prone

Hurt again tonight with what they're saying is a strained forearm, left in the 4th inning. Didn't even throw a pitch to test how his arm felt, he just left the game. Earlier this year, an elbow injury. Last year, a leg injury. The year before that, a tired arm. He hasn't pitched a complete season since 2003. I'd say, although he's obviously not Harden or Prior level, that Halladay is still injury prone.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    His leg and elbow injuries were freak injuries as a result from being hit by line drives. He's lucky he hasn't been hit on the head like Rafael Soriano did. It's disturbing that Major League Baseball doesn't require pitchers to wear hard helmets.

MLB ERA
    I remember this topic last year. He's really injury prone.

I believe I started that this offseason, because its really true. 3 of 8 seasons with over 200 innings pitched, and really, the fluke injuries count. It is time off the mound, and time where you can't do anything because of the injury. Then, the player has to rehab, build up their stamina, endurance, and muscles, and go back out there. You can count on Halladay to miss a few starts here or there, and possibly more. Although, this has been a good season for him, injury wise.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Fluke injuries or not, you're guaranteed fluke injuries with him! The guy is cursed!

MLB ERA
    No one right now outside of the Jays knows what the current injury is and how serious it is.

Halladay has only missed 1 start this season so far, maybe if the Jays want to be careful they can shut him down for the last 10 games (2 starts) and, get ready for next season. I think it's nothing serious or as potentially scary as that line drive off his arm.

If it was any other pitcher right now (outside of Mark Prior) no one would be saying injury prone.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Cursed is one thing, injury prone is a different story.

And since we have no clue what the injury is at the moment it's hard to tell what will come of this.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God
    Halladay has only missed 1 start this season so far
    He missed the start in mid-April (I've had him for the last 4 years in fantasy so I dealt his ass for Paul Konerko right then ), and then not long ago against the Angels he had to leave early because of that elbow thing, and now tonight. Although he's missed only 1 start, that's 3 injury happenings in one season. That would qualify as injury prone, imo.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    He missed the start in mid-April (I've had him for the last 4 years in fantasy so I dealt his ass for Paul Konerko right then ), and then not long ago against the Angels he had to leave early because of that elbow thing, and now tonight. Although he's missed only 1 start, that's 3 injury happenings in one season. That would qualify as injury prone, imo.
    Only 2 minor injuries (1 freak line drive) and an unknown injury with 1 missed start, is injury prone?

Lets call every pitcher injury prone then.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    All that combined with last year and the year before. Three years in a row. THREE YEARS IN A ROW!!!

You know how in PTI, they have a game called "Oddsmakers"? How high would you put the odds of Halladay missing at least one start in 2007? I've got those odds up there at 75%.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    All that combined with last year and the year before. Three years in a row. THREE YEARS IN A ROW!!!

You know how in PTI, they have a game called "Oddsmakers"? How high would you put the odds of Halladay missing at least one start in 2007? I've got those odds up there at 75%.
    Broken leg, tired right shoulder, and other minor injuries, this is hardy injury prone, especially when the broken leg was a freak line drive and the two major injuries are not coming back to hurt him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps we should change the terminology from "Halladay is injury prone" to "Halladay gets hurt all the time." And really, there is little reason not to think that he won't be getting hurt in the future as well, because freak injuries always happen to him.

I'll put the over/under on the number of line drives Halladay takes next year at 2.5

MLB ERA
    Bottom line, the injuries are not coming back to hurt him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not these injuries, but I bet that he will find another way to get hurt.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How can you predict injuries?!?!?!
    I can say that I'am gonna go out and be fine. But the moment I take a bad step going down the strairs rool my ankle, fall, and break a hip.

Ya Doc's had some problems, but you never know the outcome of some freak injury.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast