Thread: Bengie unleashes over lack of playing time

AAA ERA

Blue Jays Bengie unleashes over lack of playing time

I dont really give a shit about Bengie put him on waiver do whatever with him...

NEW YORK—Jays catcher Bengie Molina sounded off yesterday about his lack of playing time over the last portion of the Jays disastrous road trip.

"I've wanted to say this for a long time, I've always been the No.1 guy (catcher), and I thought was going to come in here and be the No.1 guy," Molina told mlb.com.

Molina was out for five straight days during the road trip, and has caught only once in the past five games. Molina said while he is unhappy with his playing time, he is not miffed with Gregg Zaun or manager John Gibbons.

The fifth-year catcher, signed in February as a free agent for $4.5 million (all figures U.S.) this season, has appeared in 67 games, 66 of them as a starter. He has hit .278 with eight homers and 27 RBIs.

He is on pace for 98 games, which would be the fewest he's caught since 89 in the 2004 season. "I'll never disrespect Gregg Zaun," Molina said. "He deserves to play ... but I was expecting to play more. I was expecting to play every day.

"With the Jays fading fast in the wild-card race, there's a possibility Molina could be placed on waivers. He has a mutual option with Toronto for $7.5 million next year."

TheStar
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    27 RBI this year haha

AAA ERA
    Sometimes I wonder how he ever won gold gloves. His defense looks soooooo shady at times.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...