Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shea Hillenbrand designated for assignment. WTF happened?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Shea Hillenbrand designated for assignment. WTF happened?

According to the Toronto Star, the Jays have designated Shea Hillenbrand for assignment.

Hillenbrand wasn't in the dugout for tonight's game after a team meeting in which he was criticized by manager John Gibbons.

"Gibby called a team meeting and then he stood up and reamed me out in front of my teammates," Hillenbrand said. "I'm very disappointed about what he did and I find it very unprofessional."

Gibbons later entered the clubhouse during the game and informed him that he was being designated.

No word yet on who will replace him on the roster, but Jason Phillips could be a possibility. Such a move would allow the Jays to give more DH time to Bengie Molina and Gregg Zaun.

Eric Hinske is the biggest beneficiary of Hillenbrand's departure.

Jul. 19 - 9:54 pm et

Life happened.

This is the ex-Mariano killer, huh?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I thought he was out celebrating his newly adopted child?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Supposedly, Hillenbrand got angry that the Blue Jays weren't willing to celebrate him adopting a child like they would a couple that naturally had a baby. At least that's part of the story
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    oh well, bye Shea
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

AAA ERA
    "Gibby called a team meeting and then he stood up and reamed me out in front of my teammates," Hillenbrand said. "I'm very disappointed about what he did and I find it very unprofessional."

LOL Gibbons. Hopefully Hillenbrand finds a team and fits in well. ****ing gibbons!
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Hillenbrand kills lefties and is a respectable hitter against righties, he can play third (not very well) and first, and the Blue Jays, in the midst of chasing the playoffs... get rid of him?

Wow. I understand he has "clubhouse concerns," but it's still a pretty weird move.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Players have done worse and have never been cut like that. Canadians, sheesh.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    This is an odd story. Who cares if the front office didn't say a word about Hillenbrand's adoption? Aren't some ball players private and don't say a whole lot about their families?

Hillenbrand should've kept this situation to himself or at least bring the adopted child to the ballpark so everyone in the front office can see the new kid.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Hillenbrand kills lefties and is a respectable hitter against righties, he can play third (not very well) and first, and the Blue Jays, in the midst of chasing the playoffs... get rid of him?

Wow. I understand he has "clubhouse concerns," but it's still a pretty weird move.
    Hillenbrand no big loss, Jays are better off without him, the Jays are still one of the best hitting team against lefties even without him, Hinske can take over the back up role at 3B/1B, and when Rios comes back the lineup will not miss Hillenbrand.

Hillenbrand has been one big cancer in the clubhouse for a while now, when he's in the lineup he's fine, when he's not he sulks around and doesn't bother going to the batting cage,

I'm not even expecting anything back for Shea unless the Reds' GM wants to give away his players again.

MLB ERA
    here is a good article from the Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=968332188492

AA ERA
    Well, from what I hear it was 3 things... The fact that the front office didn't congradulate him on his newly adopted child, the fact that Gibbons called him out at a team meeting, and the fact that he wasn't in the lineup for 2 consecutive games. I think he felt because he had to miss 1 day to go adopt his child he was being punished for it by not being put in the lineup for 2 games which Im sure made him think they were made at him and that's why they didn't congradulate him.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Apparently John Gibbons challenged him to a fight.

John Gibbons challenged Shea Hillenbrand to a fight.

I understand his name is shea, but jesus, Gibbons is 44 and Shea is a monster.

AAA ERA
    I knew there was more to the story then the "Adoption". Cant stand Gibbons we need a real skipper. Best of luck to Hillenbrand where ever he goes, the guy is a gamer and won a few games single handidly back in may.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Giants need to jump all over this!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast