Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gibbons is So Stupid thread

AAA ERA

Blue Jays Gibbons is So Stupid thread

Gibbons is so stupid, who the hell plays their backup catcher as the DH especially when he is a vet like zaun and needs some rest.

Feel free to post your own "Gibbons is so stupid". gibbons is dumb.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Zaun is .333 lifetime against Bedard. And the whole lineup was righty.

AAA ERA
    I still think its a stupid move... Doesnt matter what he is batting against him because Bedard is struggling and the whole team can rock lefties. Zaun needs his rest and plus he is 0 for 3 today. Might as well just have started Hinske he bats left and he would have been good for 0-3 at the plate too.
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Zaun was working out all off-season getting ready to start 130 games, Zaun is ready for any playing time
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

AAA ERA
    Why has his home run production and batting average gone down ever since hes been playing much more?

AAA ERA
    Gibbons is so STUPID!

This time I dont even need an explanation.

AAA ERA
    Gibbons is so stupid he takes he ACE out after 6 innings and 90 pitches in a close game, meanwhile doc is a known workhorse.

Result: The bullpen blows a 2 run lead and we lose.

Gibbons better give his head a shake!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was more than time to take Halladay out. He was visibly laboring, the Orioles were hitting him hard, and the Blue Jays bullpen has been good all year.

Never confuse the outcome with the decision.

AAA ERA
    I dont know what games you have been watching but the bullpen hasnt been good all year.

And the only reason they were getting on base against halladay is because the frickin errors. Halladay could have gone another inning at least then bring in Rosario in the 8th and then Ryan in the 9th, simple....

He took out Halladay too soon, and left Rosario in too long.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not the overall bullpen, but the bullpen that you guys bring in to protect a small lead has been very good: Speier has been very good aside from a small patch this last week or so, Ryan is untouchable, Schoeneweis always gets the job done. Your overall bullpen ERA is dragged down by losers like Jason Frasor, Pete Walker (who sucks), Scott Downs and Frankie Rosario who is young and gets a pass. What Gibbons should have done is pull Halladay after 6, bring in Speier to face the tough part of Baltimore's lineup in the 7th (Roberts/Mora/Tejada), then bring in Schoeneweis for the 8th to face some lefties (that part of the order with Patterson/Fahey/Markakis), then bring in Ryan for the 9th. And you keep Rosario ready to go at any point if one of those guys (not Ryan) needs help. Instead, Gibbons pulled Schoeneweis after he got one lefty, just because one righty was up next, but I believe that Schoeneweis would have gotten the job done if he had stayed in.

Your bullpen ERA's, besides Ryan and Spiere, are pretty bad....

Rosario- 4.50
    Walker- 5.13
    Schoeneweis- 5.68
    Frasor- 6.75
    Downs- 4.91

It looks like this will be an area that the Blue Jays will have to address at the deadline. Any idea what relievers they could target, and who might be available?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Schoeneweis's ERA is bad, but the runs that he has given up have come in 4 or 5 appearances only, they're not really spread out. He has more than done the job, especially against lefties.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Not the overall bullpen, but the bullpen that you guys bring in to protect a small lead has been very good: Speier has been very good aside from a small patch this last week or so, Ryan is untouchable, Schoeneweis always gets the job done. Your overall bullpen ERA is dragged down by losers like Jason Frasor, Pete Walker (who sucks), Scott Downs and Frankie Rosario who is young and gets a pass. What Gibbons should have done is pull Halladay after 6, bring in Speier to face the tough part of Baltimore's lineup in the 7th (Roberts/Mora/Tejada), then bring in Schoeneweis for the 8th to face some lefties (that part of the order with Patterson/Fahey/Markakis), then bring in Ryan for the 9th. And you keep Rosario ready to go at any point if one of those guys (not Ryan) needs help. Instead, Gibbons pulled Schoeneweis after he got one lefty, just because one righty was up next, but I believe that Schoeneweis would have gotten the job done if he had stayed in.
    B.J. Ryan has been carrying Justin Speier for most of this season. The only reason Speier's ERA isn't like 18, is because Ryan always cleans up his mess before the runs come home. They put the numbers up during the game, and in his last 7 innings he's given up like 18 hits. Can gibbons not see this? He still sticks the guy out there in an 8th inning 1 run game. It's brutal. What can you expect from Gibby though? He gives Josh Towers 8 losses to play with, he platooned Rios with the kid hitting like .400 for a month, and he's content to play a second baseman who can't hit a dollar. This guy has no clue how to win. Send this guy to Kansas City and give us a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    B.J. Ryan has been carrying Justin Speier for most of this season. The only reason Speier's ERA isn't like 18, is because Ryan always cleans up his mess before the runs come home. They put the numbers up during the game, and in his last 7 innings he's given up like 18 hits. Can gibbons not see this? He still sticks the guy out there in an 8th inning 1 run game. It's brutal. What can you expect from Gibby though? He gives Josh Towers 8 losses to play with, he platooned Rios with the kid hitting like .400 for a month, and he's content to play a second baseman who can't hit a dollar. This guy has no clue how to win. Send this guy to Kansas City and give us a coach.
    Ryan can pitch those outings that last more than an inning. He, like Gagne, was originally brought up by the Orioles as a starter, and he still maintains the arm strength of one, and can pitch more than an inning. However, its not wise to do that all of the time. For the other decisions, I don't have an answer, considering they really are bonehead moves. How do you platoon Rios, considering its his third year (one sign of a breakout) and scouts projected him to grow into his power? Idiot manager.

MLB ERA
    Gibbons is doing a fine job; Every time there is a questionable call that is bad for his team, Gibbons argues on their behalf. His game decisions aren't bad, I like his work with the BJ's this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast