Thread: Hillenbrand isn't happy as Jays' DH

AA ERA

Blue Jays Hillenbrand isn't happy as Jays' DH

BOSTON—For the first time this season, Shea Hillenbrand was asked to take a seat on the Jays' bench last night, with Eric Hinske filling in as DH. Of course, he disagreed with the reasoning for the rest.Manager John Gibbons blamed his regular DH's slow start on problems inside the batter's box. Hillenbrand disagreed, thinking it had everything to do with lack of focus outside the box."Yeah, it's DHing," Hillenbrand said as he strolled in from a pre-game batting session in the garage in centre field. "That's the only issue. And it's not because I don't want to do it or because I'm not capable of doing it. I've never done it before — been a full-time DH. "The difference? Last year, I hit .321 DHing, but I DHed three days a week and I played in the field four days a week."The manager, who had never actually asked Hillenbrand what his hitting problems might be, had several suggestions prior to last night's series finale."There's not a whole lot different in his setup and all that stuff," Gibbons said. "There's the timing. He's off balance a little bit more and he's getting caught out front a lot. He's always hit. He's going to hit. It's just one of those things."The 30-year-old professional hitter with the slightly off-centre, quiet menace of Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry, insists that as DH, the equivalent of four pinch-hit appearances, it does not make his day — never will."Gibby told me from Day 1 my situation and Gibby's been very respectful and understanding and sensitive to my position," Hillenbrand said."But, it's a matter of letting it sink in. I don't want to be in the position I'm in and they know that. They know I don't want to be a DH."It has been forever thus with Hillenbrand. He's a player.
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...3064&t=TS_Home

MLB ERA
    i think that been over-rated, i think he doesn't want to admit he is only a DH, no player should, he wants to play and help this team
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg