Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Rookie draft

MLB ERA

2006 Rookie draft

What are your thoughts on how this should be handled? I don't want to put the league on hold for a long time to conduct this draft. Do we auto completely? Do we do some manual and some auto? a chat draft? a list draft? Please share your thoughts.

MLB ERA
    1 round of a list draft (1/2 the round 1 day, the other 1/2 the next)... the rest auto

IMHO
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

So, let me make sure I have the order correct first. The draft order will be based on the standings at the time of the draft? So, basically the worst teams will get the highest picks and will in all likelyhood get the first picks in the next draft as well (sorta like a 2 for 1 deal).

But, either way, like Dave said....list for 1st round, rest auto.

MLB ERA
    That's how it is in the MLB though. The worst team one year usually doesn't turn into a great team the very next season.

I think the list draft would be best. Are we still going to use players from the 80's? The draft class on the website is different than what it used to be

I know, but usually it is based on the previous years record, not a 50 game sample size. But, yeah, that is fine. Just making sure I knew how draft would be ordered, I also noticed you got rid of some if not all the players you put in the draft...will you be putting those back in?

MLB ERA
    The players that I added disapeared a few sims ago. I've been waiting until now to add those players back into the pool. I didn't wan them to disapear again. I scheduled the next sim for tomorrow to give me extra time to add those players back in before the sim.

MLB ERA
    I'll work on getting the rookies report up tonight. I have to import all of the players again. I will likely delete some of the fictional players to even it out.

I agree with Dave. Pick from a list in the first round, auto the rest.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    List for the first 2 rounds due to the deeper draft, then auto.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I like DDs idea

AA ERA
    List for the first two rounds. Deep draft and it gives us a better insight into our teams future.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Ok...we will schedule it so everybody has time to plan. The last sim prior to the draft will be tomorrow night. We will have a list draft for the bottom 15 teams on Thurs and the top 15 teams on Fri. The deadline for all days is 8:00pm

I will attempt to have the rookies page up tonight if possible.

MLB ERA
    Draft picks can be traded, but the trades will not be entered until after the next sim.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    I know, but usually it is based on the previous years record, not a 50 game sample size. But, yeah, that is fine. Just making sure I knew how draft would be ordered, I also noticed you got rid of some if not all the players you put in the draft...will you be putting those back in?
    I see what you are saying, but this draft may be different. Most drafts have just a few great players. By the end of Round 1 there isn't much quality left. This initial Rookie draft will have more good players. There should be plenty of good players left after the 1st round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast