View Poll Results: Do you support Minor League Free Agents?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minor Leauge Free Agents

Minor Leauge Free Agents

Do you want there to be minor league free agents in which you have to resign them instead of them being automatically resigned. Yes or No.

MLB ERA
    When would they "become free agents"
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    if you would mean incorporating a 40 man roster, and anything outside of that 40 man, Minor League FA wise, would have to be resigned... I could see that being cool
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

40 man and minor FA's are different in OOTP I do believe. Players become Minor league FA's if they have 6 or more years of service time. 40 man would be done if we had a rule 5 draft. This is simply a yes or no if you want minor league FA's.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    40 man and minor FA's are different in OOTP I do believe. Players become Minor league FA's if they have 6 or more years of service time. 40 man would be done if we had a rule 5 draft. This is simply a yes or no if you want minor league FA's.
    That stuff could all be on the table as well though. We did attempt to do all of that right before the league went on break. Check out the old posts in the waiver sub forum. I've always liked the idea of the 40 man, waivers, and rule 5. I just don't want to do it if the rest of the league isn't in favor of it.

MLB ERA
    When would they "become free agents"
    Yeah...it's 6 years of pro service. Check out your team salary report. It lists the players that will be minor league free agents after this season if the feature remains turned on.

Personally I like the minor league free agent feature if we can protect certain players on the 40 man roster. I would hate to lose one of my top prospects just because he hasn't progressed fast enough, and is now a free agent after I watched him grow for 6 years.

I just dont like 40 mans and rule 5 b/c that would slow down the league, plus I know a lot of owner wouldnt make 40 man rosters and then ***** when they lost their player to rule 5 draft.

MLB ERA
    I just dont like 40 mans and rule 5 b/c that would slow down the league, plus I know a lot of owner wouldnt make 40 man rosters and then ***** when they lost their player to rule 5 draft.
    Well...wouldn't you want to have a 40 man roster so that you could protect a guy like Adam Loewen instead of losing him after the season?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    Well...wouldn't you want to have a 40 man roster so that you could protect a guy like Adam Loewen instead of losing him after the season?
    Most minor league free agents would still sign Minor League FAs unless you got a 4.0 spect thats (6,9,9) talent right now that youre trying to wait for them to get to (8,9,9). They have to be pretty good for them to really demand much of an extension.

Plus the last time we did 40 man rosters half of the teams didnt even do it and it was driving me nuts trying to mkae mine. Waivers I have no problem with if Crazy doesnt, but that too just became a way to ditch some bad contracts to someone else.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Most minor league free agents would still sign Minor League FAs unless you got a 4.0 spect thats (6,9,9) talent right now that youre trying to wait for them to get to (8,9,9). They have to be pretty good for them to really demand much of an extension.
    I don't have much experience with offering extensions to minor league free agents. What's the point of mlfa if you can just resign most of them to a new mlc?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    I could resign him to a deal. The point isnt me (or any active GM)...its the one's who A) dont like slow league B) wouldnt make a 40 man roster and C) like to complain about everything

The only reason I vote no is avoid those people complaining and I know many wont even make their 40 man roster b/c they wont pay attention.

MLB ERA
    I could resign him to a deal.
    Then again I ask, why even bother with mlfa? If we can just resign them to a mlc, it seems like extra work for no particular reason.

I voted yes, but I may have to change my vote. I'm not seeing much of a point to even do it. It just requires everybody to resign more players to contracts and doesn't solve any problems.

...exactly. If you have played it before you realize most will just resign, it is only really good players like Slyder said who wouldnt. And those players should be on your MLB team or traded anyway.

Six-year free agency helps keep teams from hoarding no-cost talent and keeping it in AAA without consequences.

The Rule 5 draft does little to equalize anything and I support not using it, but if you're not using that and you're not using 40-man rosters, you're going to need six-year free agency. Otherwise there will be hoarding.

If a guy will sign for a MLC in the first place then he will resign for a MLC as well. If you are anybody else is worried about 'hoarding'...this will help that problem approx. 1.27% Even though it isnt a problem and everyone here is now imagining it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast