Thread: A sit down with our commissioner!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

A sit down with our commissioner!

per david Cubbedge's Blog:

NASHVILLE, Tn.-- Upon completion of the 2006 draft I was fortunate enough to get a brief sit down with the commissioner. He was polite enough to hand over some of his time in answering a few questions that I had conjured up. After all the excitement of restarting the SBSL, our commissioner, crazyeights, had a few things to say about the preceeding weeks.

"This draft is the best thing that has ever happened to the SBSL. I've never seen so much excitement and anticipation for a season to begin." Crazyeights stated in excitement with an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment in his voice. "We are lucky to have so many talented young ballplayers climbing the ranks of the SBSL. I'm not surprised that several of these young talents were swept up early on in the draft. It's a sign of how strong the SBSL will be in the future."

I could not agree more with how important this draft has been for this league. In this past few weeks alone I have seen a waking up of sports fans as if there were a fresh breath of air traversing the baseball world. Baseball has never seen a draft like this before and it was a very exciting way to rebuild this league.

I asked the commissioner which two teams he thought may have got the most out of their draft opportunity.

"Oh, so you're putting me on the spot now." Mr. crazyeights said laughing. "Well, I believe that a good team is based on balance of young talent along with proven vets. The best team is not one that will only succeed this season, but one that is also prepared for what lies ahead of them in upcoming seasons. There are so many teams that did well in the draft. If I were to narrow it down between two teams, then I would have to choose the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. These teams have been able to put field a great team on paper, and have a good amount of talent on the farm. Of course, the season isn't played on paper, and any team can take the SBSL Championship. That is exactly what I was hoping for before we began the draft. I'm excited to begin the season, and let each team prove exactly how well their draft went."

That is sensational news for you Indians and Braves fans. Too bad I could not pursuade him to look Louisville's direction. But his point is well taken that every team has a great chance for contention. It was outstanding to watch this draft take place, but it will be even greater to see how these teams construct themselves after this. We never know who will come out on top, and I feel like it is anyone's game at the moment. That is how tight this draft became.

When asked about the future of this league Mr. crazyeights said this:

"I see a bright future for the SBSL. The SBSL has long been a very unique league. We strive to be different. The draft is only the begining of the exciting things to hit the SBSL."

Sounds like there are many more exciting things to come. I know I will be watching, will you?
    http://strike3blog.blogspot.com/

Great article redsr. +rep

As for the two top teams, Cleveland and Atlanta, we shall see.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Id like my teams chances this season and its the strongest i felt about a team in a while. We will see.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Bench Warmer Lou Brown (Indians)'s Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I wonder where that "the Indians have a good amount of talent in the minors" comes from? Where is that talent?
    Indians GM, Angels blogger