Thread: Glitch in the rosters

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Glitch in the rosters

Just so everyone is aware, several players have been mysteriously duplicated and put on different teams. I will have to go in and delete them. Once that is done, I will upload again to smooth things out.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Damn Doppleganger.

Call Spiderman.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think I have narrowed it down to a file with dupicate player names with different ID numbers (if you have OOTP, then you will know what I am talking about). It is going to take me a long while to get this straightened out. However, the league file is not corrupt and the game is actually playing correctly. There are no duplicate players when you actually run OOTP. It is probably the weirdest thing I have ever seen.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I have that with Paul Byrd. Last year's Paul Byrd.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, I have some good news and bad news. The bad news is that I simply cannot remove the "shadow" or duplicate players. I don't know why they showed up and I have no way of removing them. The good news is that they are not affecting the overall gameplay of the league. If you could ignore them until I discover a way to eliminate them, that would be terrific.

IF there are dupicate players in your system (i.e. two Adam Dunns or two Alex Rodriguezes), please let me know and I CAN correct that problem.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Oh the joys of OOTP

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, from what I have read it is a glitch in OOTP. No one can give me an answer as to why it happens and how to remove them. Hopefully OOTP 2006 will have some sort of correction for this. My plan is to upgrade to OOTP 2006 as soon as possible after it is released.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Are you using Cubbyfans roster set? I've heard a lot of people have problems with duplicate players, and they've all used his roster set. I have a similar problem in the SBSL. Duplicate players show up in the FA pool, but so far they disapear once they are signed. I never had this problem with any other roster set.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yup, its CubbyFan's roster. He really needs to crack down on that crap. Otherwise, people are going to get fed up with it and go to another roster set (HaloFan's)
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Yeah, from what I have read it is a glitch in OOTP. No one can give me an answer as to why it happens and how to remove them. Hopefully OOTP 2006 will have some sort of correction for this. My plan is to upgrade to OOTP 2006 as soon as possible after it is released.
    That is where the problem arrises. I've been checking out the OOTP forum, and they've been saying there maybe some problems is converting OOTP 6 to 2006 because of the complete rewrite, and it could corrupt history files, ect.