View Poll Results: Contract a couple of teams? Yes or No

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 22.22%
  • No

7 77.78%

Thread: Would you be in favor of contracting a couple of teams?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Would you be in favor of contracting a couple of teams?

Depending if we get any interest for the open teams, would you be opposed to contracting a couple of teams? We would hold a contraction draft, of course. I'll put it up for vote.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I voted no simply because of my experiences of contraction in the past. The SBSL contracted two teams because of inactivity, and our league file was always messed up because of it. OOTP tried simming with the contracted teams anyways, and it created ghost teams. I don't know if you will have that problem too, but it is something to think about.

If you need GMs, I could probably find you a couple of active GMs from the SBBL if you need GMs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think your problem was that the teams were contracted at a period after the next season's schedule was already generated. If that was the case, then you would have to have gone into the schedule and physically delete all games in which those teams were playing in. Plus, the game has a problem if there aren't an even amount of teams in each league. I have run leagues on my PC where I have clipped a couple of teams and it has worked fine.

If you can get me GMs, that would be terrific.
    rf28

I say contract if inactive and we can have a draft aftewards to distribute the players

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather you find GMs for GM-less teams. Even if the available teams aren't pretty, it's been proven over and over again that you can turn crap into contenders on OOTP, especially if the GM is half way intelligent.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.