View Poll Results: Should we Contract and Realign?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

13 76.47%
  • NO!

4 23.53%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contraction and Realignment?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    But some of these gms, they add up stars to determine if a trade is fair or not. I think that these GMs should be removed, so GMs after them don't have to clean up a huge mess.
    I dont think a GM should be booted just b/c he does a bad job. In this league I think if you are active, thats all that needs to be required. If you want to flush your team down the toilet thats your own situation. A good GM can clean up a horrible mess. Thats my opinion on that situation.

I agree with some of your statements. But a lot of bad gms, will make a mess, and quit. Then it will be much harder for CrazyEights to get a replacement GM for that team, because of bad contracts and such. If a GM does a bad job, how can he all of a sudden be a good GM and clean up his team?

AA ERA
    I am not saying that bad GM become good GM overnight. I am just saying that if you are active and your team is a mess, there is no reason to get rid of them. Thats all.

I understand where you are coming from, but the usual bad gm who messes up his team is a gm that sooner or later usually quits. Active is good, but it doesn't always mean the best GM. There was a GM who was active, but had no skills or knowledge of how to run a team. He rushed prospects, did idiotic trades, and that team is a mess. Well, he quit. Luckily, someone took over the team.

I understand your reasonable thinking. Just two different opinions I guess. We could probably go at this for awhile. I respect your opinions, and ultimately everything is up to CrazyEights.

AA ERA
    Good call we will agree to somewhat disagree.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    actually this was my 1st OOTP ever. ive been in High Heat leagues for a couple of years.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Well crazy...

how we looking?? How many empty teams left and are you leaning towards contracting and realligning???

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Well crazy...

how we looking?? How many empty teams left and are you leaning towards contracting and realligning???

There is overwhelming support for contraction and realignment, so we will be doing that. The GM check in thread is curent. We have 9 open teams. That includes Arizona and Hawaii which I'm still hoping we can get ahold of the GMs. I had an inquiry about a team that I'm waiting for a response from. I haven't had much luck finding GMs on the OOTP forum though.

MLB ERA
    Cleveland and Tennessee appear to be prime candidates for contraction. Does anyone have any other ideas?

MLB ERA
    how would you fill the two spots from the teams in the NL and balancing some divisions that were unbalanced either top heavy or overly under acheiving?

Wins: Arizona (101 wins), Pittsburgh (93 wins), Los Angeles (92 wins), Boston (86 wins), Tennessee (77 wins), Florida (73 wins), White Sox (72 wins), NY/Honolulu (66 wins), Cleveland (50 wins)

If we are strictly going by wins Id say Honolulu and Cleveland, if you want to try to keep them incase DCB finds us then rivals White Sox and Indians.

Interest/Payroll: Boston 8/21, Yanks 26/12, Tennesse 14/10, White Sox 29/25, Indians 24/29, Florida 15/15.

Farm Systems: Bos 25th, Yanks 19th, Tenn 3rd, CWS 2nd, Cle 10th, Fla 22nd

Why not put the teams as part of a survey and top 2 are contracted? I figure you wouldnt want to demolish Ari, Pitt, LA because they were all strong with 90+ wins last year.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    If we are strictly going by wins Id say Honolulu and Cleveland, if you want to try to keep them incase DCB finds us then rivals White Sox and Indians.
    I wasn't going by wins when I considered Tennessee. I was mostly looking at the quality of players on the Major League roster. Tennessee doesn't have much worth saving. The White Sox and Yankees both have some superstar caliber players, but Tennessee doesn't. This team looks like it's in worse shape than the other teams do.

Rookie ERA
    we should even out the teams. i think the teams are really uneven
    http://www.tmfsl.biz/Photos/big2.jpg

Yankees=World Series Title

MLB ERA
    We're not going to redistribute players

MLB ERA
    Exactly... nothing that drastic will be done. Teams are uneven because a lot of GM's have worked hard to build their teams. It wouldn't be fair to start over.

MLB ERA
    If we "redistribute" players I will leave. It wouldnt be fair to those that worked their butts off to do that. Learn get better and in no time youll be among the top. BTW Crazy, If we are going to even the leagues can you or mission open a poll of teams without gms and see which teams get top votes? We can always look at last year to move teams around afterward. I personally think best bets would probably be Fla and Cleveland or substitute Tennessee in there. Fla b/c then we wouldnt have to move as many teams to the AL to balance everything up.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123