View Poll Results: Should we Contract and Realign?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

13 76.47%
  • NO!

4 23.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contraction and Realignment?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griff
    Well, if you go by the Power Rankings from the end of last season, the two obvious teams that would be contracted would be Cleveland and Colorado. Since there won't be any teams contracted that currently have a GM, that would exclude Colorado, Brooklyn, Minnesota, and Louisville. That would bring us to the 25th place team with the NYY. They do have a couple good players, especially in the outfield. Who would be the two teams contracted as of now?
    Ok...I did make an error on that. I didn't realize one of the teams had checked in. However, whatever team is contracted will most likely have very few players worth drafting, and several bad contracts that nobody would want to get stuck with. Releasing the players into Free Agency would allow teams to renegotiate the bad contracts. There should be plenty of prospects available to help the weaker teams. This really shouldn't be about what we can get out of it though. I'm more concerned about what's best for the League, not what I can get from the two contracted teams.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    I'm more concerned about what's best for the League, not what I can get from the two contracted teams.
    I agree thats why I havent voted yet. I have figured out either way what works. I think we should have a pretty firm game plan if we are going to contract and realign. Not just do it b/c it sounds good.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    No chance of the NYY getting contracted since they do have a GM.

Unfortunately, some of the teams that do have managers have put their teams into a very deep hole. The GMs I'm talking about should know who they are. No reason to hide. They don't know ootp, and they gave their players long contracts when they shouldn't have. Or they rushed their prospects at 18 or 19 up to ML. It's just stupid, and unless they are willing able to learn then there should be some thought of just getting rid of their team.
    i totally agree. all the gms that are ruinging there teams should be out.

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    Hello Pot!

Alright. Didn't expect for you to be ok with it. You plan on CrazyEights telling you, or are you just going to do it on your own?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    There is no need for contraction. Maybe help those teams out by taking away two bad contracts and put those players into free agency. My deal with Diamond Dave will help me out alot. I think I fixed a good part of my team.

Jason
    Astros GM
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA
    well it really dosent matter....if crazy wants me out then im out.

MLB ERA
    well it really dosent matter....if crazy wants me out then im out.
    For the record... I've never considered taking your team away. Contraction would only involve teams that don't have GMs.

MLB ERA
    Contraction would even out the leagues. The divisions are set-up uneven. Contraction and realignment would even out the divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    There is no need for contraction. Maybe help those teams out by taking away two bad contracts and put those players into free agency. My deal with Diamond Dave will help me out alot. I think I fixed a good part of my team.

Jason
    Astros GM

AAA ERA
    well crazy it seems some people in here want me out.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I will lead the fanclub for Griffeyfan30 to stay

MLB ERA
    The decision is yours Brandon. I'm not going to force you to leave regardless of who doesn't want you in the league.

AA ERA
    I think it was meant as a joke. You just have to go out and prove that you are a good GM. I wouldnt quit but use it as motovation to dominate. But thats just me. You are active and thats all thats important to me.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    No chance of the NYY getting contracted since they do have a GM.

Unfortunately, some of the teams that do have managers have put their teams into a very deep hole. The GMs I'm talking about should know who they are. No reason to hide. They don't know ootp, and they gave their players long contracts when they shouldn't have. Or they rushed their prospects at 18 or 19 up to ML. It's just stupid, and unless they are willing able to learn then there should be some thought of just getting rid of their team.
    I don't know if you're trying to refer to me, but my team has suffered a lot of injuries and as some might know, FA just refuse to sign with my team. There's nothing I can do about that. My top 3 pitchers are the best part of my team, I have money to get FA, but I'm not going to overspend on a 3.0 star player just because the 4.0+ star players don't sign with me. Eventually they should sign with my team.

No not talking about you. Actually, I think you're a great GM. I remember you from the original league, and I think you know what you are doing. I was referring to some rookies who really have no knowledge of ootp and are giving bad contracts out. I'm fine with the new gms who are willing to learn, who have basic knowledge of ootp. But some of these gms, they add up stars to determine if a trade is fair or not. I think that these GMs should be removed, so GMs after them don't have to clean up a huge mess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast