Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2026 Rumblings and Grumblings

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2026 Rumblings and Grumblings

Yea. Who are you talking about? C Ferriera, SP Cat, and SP Tatman are all still 5.0 specs. Tatman gained control and then lost it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    Woo... Talent Losses...
    it happens, if you progress them right they should gain it back. sean matt mustve declined and progressed about 8 times in each direction for me. i just traded for melchor colon at the beginning of the season, he already declined in contact. he'll get it back, or he'll be totally worthless... those are the risks of trading for prospects (and being the royals and thusly being in constant rebuilding mode)

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    To guys you overpaid in free agency?
    No to Specs. Thanks.

And Prov.

Second straight year S. The Cat has lost talent before he developed any actuals. Tatman went up then back down yes, but he still dropped after I had some hope.

MLB ERA

Not every spec develops. Scratchy only lost endurance. That isn't a big deal. You had some talent gains, too. Krustofski gained talent and is already basically filled out. I really don't know what to tell you. You decide what you want to do. As I told you I have no control over that stuff. If it bothers you that much and you're that unhappy with it, then just let me know and I'll set the team to CPU and you can move on if that's what you want.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    No to Specs. Thanks.

And Prov.

Second straight year S. The Cat has lost talent before he developed any actuals. Tatman went up then back down yes, but he still dropped after I had some hope.
    We all deal with it from time to time. I had T. Thompson and Spraggins both lose talent as the season rolled over one season ago. Spraggins just gained his contact talent back... Thompson still hasnt.

Try being the Phillies in S3SL! I had probably 9 out of 10 first round picks crash on me. OOTP is a fickle beast.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

First off I thought this was a rumbling and grumbling thread. I understand not everyone develops. I never said you have control over it. I don't know why I get attacked when I grumble. I've not said I'm quitting. I like the challenge. I obviously look forward to it or I wouldn't be on the second the sim hits. I only got hostile when I was attacked for saying woo.. Talent losses.. with the eye roll. There was no diatribe, there was no blame, all there was, was a statement. I don't attack anyone else that says "oh injuries" or "Awh so-and-so is doing terrible" because I know it's part of the game. And that's what it is, a game. If you'd rather I'd quit tell me. I want to stay, I toil with the line up and what not trying to figure out what I can. But dear lord why jump down my throat. Only OM actually jump on me, just said it happens and gave an example of how bad it was for him.

Rookie ERA
    In HSL I lost a cant miss prospect in Braddock for no apparent reason. Just a tick or two away from being fully developed. He hit 70 bombs in what would be his last season in AAA. Got a September call up, hit well, and boom. Lost talent across the board and became a fringe fourth outfielder.

In MSL Goslin (not as much a cant miss future all star) was developing rapidly, hit like an all star in his cup of coffee, and lost talent. Luckily for me he still somehow performs as an average player.

It happens to everyone and it sucks. But it's tough luck.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

No one is attacking anyone. I question when I see people only complain. When people only post complaints, then it makes me wonder if they're enjoying the league or not. I don't want anyone to hang around if they're not having fun.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Man, the worst talent loss I've ever experience was in Molina's when I ran Atlanta. In one season, I lost track of what I saw lose significant talent, to the point I was disgusted to run them and took a shitty team. That still burns me. It wasn't just prospects, it was great players entering their prime. Just entering their prime, just after I inked them to contract extensions. I have less gripe when I lose prospects. I just hate it when a 27 year old star or shit, even a 24 year old filled out stud...suddenly dies.

OOTP was meant to piss us off in some way shape or form. Especially 6.5.
    But then again, it's still and will always be my favorite OOTP edition.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    In HSL I lost a cant miss prospect in Braddock for no apparent reason. Just a tick or two away from being fully developed. He hit 70 bombs in what would be his last season in AAA. Got a September call up, hit well, and boom. Lost talent across the board and became a fringe fourth outfielder.
    Remember when I jinxed Lincecum?

And of course, later on, I traded for him.
    (and naturally he sucked for me)
    Ted

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm having fun, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't its a constant challenge to improve my team. It seems like I complain all the time because theres not much to celebrate with this team right now. I got some development in krustofski and van houten since I got them. Krustofski is only 5 end so hes truely only a MR. but I was hoping for lightning in a bottle at SP. Van houten did well. Even Ruvi is showing signs of life. I just hate losing, I want to win. I know its a long road ahead until I can do that. OOTP is out to aggravate lol.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I jinxed myself. Rosario minus one contact talent for NO DAMN reason! Man loses gap and eye.... OOTP is a bitch.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Remember when I jinxed Lincecum?

And of course, later on, I traded for him.
    (and naturally he sucked for me)
    Hahaha yeah, I totally remember that.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My 3B i recently drafted in S3SL, died within 2 weeks of being drafted.

Batting AVG: .272 (10th)
    Homeruns: 42 (3rd)
    Walks: 152 (2nd)
    Stolen Bases: 41 (5th)
    Runs Scored: 212 (6th)

Pitching ERA: 4.55 (12th)
    Opponents AVG: .274 (18th)
    HRs Allowed: 25 (8th)
    Walks Allowed: 106 (7th)
    Runs Allowed: 184 (15th)

Offense is clicking for the most part. Valderrama is hitting .171 but has a .370 OBP (the only reason why he going to start). Resch is on pace to have 256 hits and 135 runs scored. He is earning his money as the leadoff man. McLellan is picking up where Fruto left off. Eleven saves and on pace for 50. All while having a .68 ERA.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So back to the grumblings....

Villamil picks a good time to have a career worst season. What an ass.

So, anyone have a back end of the rotation starting pitcher they'd loan me then?
    Ted

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast