Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

MLB ERA

2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

Day 11 :
    Texas : P Ben Sheets, 4,750,000 per year, for 2 years.

Day 12 :
    Chicago (A) : P Rafael Perez, 1,100,000 per year, for 3 years.

Day 13 :
    Chicago (A) : LF Andre Ethier, 2,600,000 per year, for 3 years.

Day 14 :

Day 15 :
    Minnesota : P Mark Buehrle, 2,500,000 per year, for 2 years.
    Minnesota : 2B Freddy Sanchez, 1,500,000 per year, for 2 years.
    Pittsburgh : P Zack Greinke, 1,000,000 per year, for 3 years.
    Chicago (A) : P Max Scherzer, 800,000 per year, for 3 years.

Day 16 :
    Minnesota : 1B Albert Pujols, 27,000,000 per year, for 5 years. (Type A from St. Louis)
    Seattle : P Joe Saunders, 1,750,000 per year, for 3 years.

Day 17 :
    Chicago (A) : RF Cody Ross, 800,000 per year, for 2 years.

Day 18 :

Day 19 :

Day 20 :

Round 4: Now until Thursday, July 23 @ 8 PM
    This will be a 10-day period and will be the last period where compensation will be given for signed players.

Type A:

1B Ryan Garko (CLE)
    2B Placido Polanco (DET)
    2B Dan Uggla (FLA)
    LF Austin Jackson (NYY)
    CF Ryan Sweeney (OAK)
    RF Bobby Abreu (SEA)
    RF Brad Hawpe (COL)
    SP Ervin Santana (WSH)

Type B:

2B Aaron Hill (TOR)
    3B Garrett Atkins (WSH)
    LF Adam Dunn (ARI)
    LF Brent Clevlen (DET)
    LF Jason Pridie (MIN)
    LF Josh Hamilton (TEX)
    CF Gary Matthews (TOR)
    CF Felix Pie (CHC)
    CF Scott Hairston (SD)
    SP Ian Snell (PIT)
    SP Bryan Bullington (PIT)
    MR Brandon Lyon (ARI)
    MR John Parrish (WSH)
    MR Kerry Wood (HOU)
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

The Pujols signing is the most... ...signing I have ever seen!

How does that help a Minnesota team coming off a 53-109 record, and adding 31 million in payroll to 57 million making a payroll of 88 million and 83 million revenue last year. Yes 18 million comes off the books after next year, but who is gonna pitch for this team?

Yes, I am torqued. Pujols would have, IMHO, made LAD a legitimate challenge to SF as the best overall team in the league!

MLB ERA

Yea, I definitely am confused by that signing as well. But we'll see how it affects Minny. It adds an interesting complexion to the league that's for sure

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Is the reports going to be uploaded? Just curious.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post

How does that help a Minnesota team coming off a 53-109 record, and adding 31 million in payroll to 57 million making a payroll of 88 million and 83 million revenue last year. Yes 18 million comes off the books after next year, but who is gonna pitch for this team?

Yes, I am torqued. Pujols would have, IMHO, made LAD a legitimate challenge to SF as the best overall team in the league!

Hey it's not Minny's fault really that you lost out on the bidding war.

Course I'm wondering what they are trying to do with literally no staff.

Rookie ERA

Twins Re: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

It helps Minnesota by making us a better team.... Pitching is pretty bad right now, but that doesnt mean that I won't try and make another move or in a few seasons my prospects might be developed and Pujols will be still under contract and if it doesnt work out in a few years then I can trade him to help the rebuilding process, but right now the Twins are better than they were last year and thats what GM's do, make the team better.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Guess GMs haven't gotten any smarter.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Pitching wins in the long run. Cleveland should have proved that the last couple years. I had top 5 offenses and absolute junk in the rotation. Ryan Garko ought to get some calls now that the big fish is out of the pond... at least hopefully ;D. Ive sat back cause theres no point going after much of the "compensatible" pitchers cause my system needs depth and I cant get any if I give away another years draft.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If you think that Pujols will help you win 30 more games. You are sadly mistaken.

MLB ERA

Bah, I meant to upload the reports, I got almost there, and got distracted. Sorry guys. Finishing it now

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Bah, I meant to upload the reports, I got almost there, and got distracted. Sorry guys. Finishing it now
    Love can do that to you.

P.s. can i get an auto when you do the next upload to see what the team looks like before I make some offers for players to fill some holes.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by madsheep View Post
    It helps Minnesota by making us a better team.... Pitching is pretty bad right now, but that doesnt mean that I won't try and make another move or in a few seasons my prospects might be developed and Pujols will be still under contract and if it doesnt work out in a few years then I can trade him to help the rebuilding process, but right now the Twins are better than they were last year and thats what GM's do, make the team better.
    You have significantly handicapped your ability to rebuild a full team over the next few years. Pujols will give you enough wins to keep you out of the top 10 in the draft order, but you don't have enough else to make the playoffs barring some fluke. Every year that goes by Pujols' trade value lessens. In this league we haven't been up and running long enough to forecast his decline. In TPSL, this would not be a bad signing for a large market team because they can afford a 27 million dollar contract and players frequently play well until 38 years old. You have lost the 31st pick in this draft is a solid 5.0 reliever at worst!

All that said... it is your franchise. I just hope you don't leave after two to three seasons of mediocrity... which has happened here before.

Rookie ERA

Just because im not in the top ten doesnt mean that i wont be able to get good players in the draft. I dont expect pujols to make my team 30 games better, ive been around a while and i take that comment as a slap in the face, Pujols is a piece to the puzzle, just because every other team lost the bidding war to me doesn't mean that you have to slander my decision to go out and get him. If you wanted him you should have offered more money. Pujols helps my team right now and I have him for 5 years, so even if I can't get pitching help now, I will be able to next year or the year after. I dont believe in trying to lose. Last year i traded away my team because the GM before me made Mauer want to leave and the team was in overall horrible shape anyway.

And it is my franchise, im not going to quit after 2 or 3 years, been in your league since 5 seasons and molinas for a long time, my resume doesn't support that comment.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Is this Money or Trendy? or who? I apologize for the public aspect of my comments. I lost the connection with "Madsheep" and thought you were a random new guy over here. I will make any further comments private other than to say... IMHO, for even a large market team to bid more than I did, which was 6 million less than your bid, would be irresponsible with NYY being the exception due to 200 million revenue capacity.

I wish you well with Pujols.

MLB ERA

Is this Money or Trendy? or who? I apologize for the public aspect of my comments. I lost the connection with "Madsheep" and thought you were a random new guy over here. I will make any further comments private other than to say... IMHO, for even a large market team to bid more than I did, which was 6 million less than your bid, would be irresponsible with NYY being the exception due to 200 million revenue capacity.

I wish you well with Pujols.
    Agreed. The best of luck with the signing, but a guy that's already 33, to now have the highest salary in the league(and over 5 seasons) for a team that will now not have the money to add a big time pitcher, or a complimentary big bat, is a little questionable. Obviously, you're the GM and if you think this is a key part of building the Twins into a winner, then the best of luck to you, but in my mind, and obviously the minds of others, it's a risky and questionable move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast