Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

Rookie ERA

Twins Re: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Is this Money or Trendy? or who? I apologize for the public aspect of my comments. I lost the connection with "Madsheep" and thought you were a random new guy over here. I will make any further comments private other than to say... IMHO, for even a large market team to bid more than I did, which was 6 million less than your bid, would be irresponsible with NYY being the exception due to 200 million revenue capacity.

I wish you well with Pujols.

This is money. Dodgers GM in your league, CLE in molinas. No worries OM, I am fully aware of what you are saying, and yes you are right in saying that this is a steep financial burden. But 18 million comes off the books after this season, in which i will have more money to improve the pitching staff and another year for my pitching prospects to develop. From my standpoint Pujols makes my team better, and as GM I just think I shouldn't be trying to lose, I should be trying to win, so that if I can make other moves to make the team better. As for losing the draft pick, it was worth it for me because I have the 15th pick in the draft as well, so I have two first round picks, and would gladly trade a second round pick for Albert Pujols.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

Indeed. My most humble apologies.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by madsheep View Post
    If you wanted him you should have offered more money. Pujols helps my team right now .
    If Pujols had liked my organization, lets be clear he'd be on LAA now, I did offer more money, but you've proven yourself so I think people should just lay off a bit
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madsheep View Post
    Just because im not in the top ten doesnt mean that i wont be able to get good players in the draft. I dont expect pujols to make my team 30 games better, ive been around a while and i take that comment as a slap in the face, Pujols is a piece to the puzzle, just because every other team lost the bidding war to me doesn't mean that you have to slander my decision to go out and get him. If you wanted him you should have offered more money. Pujols helps my team right now and I have him for 5 years, so even if I can't get pitching help now, I will be able to next year or the year after. I dont believe in trying to lose. Last year i traded away my team because the GM before me made Mauer want to leave and the team was in overall horrible shape anyway.
    To be fair, I never made an offer to Pujols. But heres the unknown to that contract, Years 3 thru 5 in the contract (35-38). Could you think that the pitching you have right now (Especially the bullpen depth) give you the chance to be a contender with TB, KC, NYY, BOS, TEX and LAA in those years of the contract? That 27 mill contract will not be an easy one to deal if you decide to go that route through experience.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    If Pujols had liked my organization, lets be clear he'd be on LAA now, I did offer more money, but you've proven yourself so I think people should just lay off a bit
    Last edited by OrioleMagic; 07-23-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Well it would make 1000000% more sense if LAA signed him than MIN. MINNY has a lot of work to do the next 5 seasons. But hey I like I said before he won the auction, lets see if he can do something now that he's landed Pujols.

Rookie ERA

Twins Re: 2013 Round 3 Signings/Round 4 Info: PUJOLS SWEEPSTEAKS PICKS A WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post

thanks, in all honesty he should be on your team, you offered the most money, and pujols saying that I offer a better organization is crap considering you won the world series and have a great team.

Porter- I know the AL is tough, I just don't think not trying to win is acceptable. Im not going to say that brining pujols in makes me a title contender, Im saying that im going to do my best to put my team in the best possible situation to win. I would have kept my guys last year but the team was awful with them so it didnt matter if I had them or not. I landed Pujols, now its my job to build around him.

If you want, madsheep, I can trade you a starter.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Simming in the next half hour
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    If you want, madsheep, I can trade you a starter.
    I hope this isn't some kind of collusion thing.

What, you want a starter? IM me on AIM.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    What, you want a starter? IM me on AIM.
    Haha no I was just joking around,

When you said that, you sounded like you would give him a great deal for a SP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12